Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Law and Order DVD sets refund by mail

Law and Order DVD sets refund by mail

JR

hey to my favorite gang of DVD heads

ok, so i went to BB today and picked up L & O SVU and C.I. DVD box sets.
Great price $45 and when i get there i see on the box a sticker that says
$10 refund by mail.

i think awesome! I'll probabally get 10 back for buying them both which
makes them $40 each for 2 6 DVD sets, that's fantastic

when i get there and open it up it's actually $10 back for only buying one
of them, that means i'm entitled to $10 back on each set, making it $35 per
set, that's really fantastic.

Well when i read the fine print, it's an "original cash register reciept"
situation, not i've got them both, but on the same reciept, luckly i see
that there's a phone number on the bottom.

1-800-698-8705

So i call it and i get Universal, and explain the situation. She asks for
the PO Box number and the Zip code on the order form and "checks". She
comes back and the refund is not in her system. She advises me that I
should wait a week and then call back because they probabally made an
ajustment and will allow photocopies of the reciept to get both refunds.
$35 a set, that's awesome!!!

just wanted to share, and let anyone knowing about thinking of buying them
both to get seperate reciepts

Joe

callsignviper

"JR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Vjglb.9951$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> hey to my favorite gang of DVD heads
>
> ok, so i went to BB today and picked up L & O SVU and C.I. DVD box sets.
> Great price $45 and when i get there i see on the box a sticker that says
> $10 refund by mail.
>
> i think awesome! I'll probabally get 10 back for buying them both which
> makes them $40 each for 2 6 DVD sets, that's fantastic
>
> when i get there and open it up it's actually $10 back for only buying one
> of them, that means i'm entitled to $10 back on each set, making it $35

per
> set, that's really fantastic.
>
> Well when i read the fine print, it's an "original cash register reciept"
> situation, not i've got them both, but on the same reciept, luckly i see
> that there's a phone number on the bottom.
>
> 1-800-698-8705
>
> So i call it and i get Universal, and explain the situation. She asks for
> the PO Box number and the Zip code on the order form and "checks". She
> comes back and the refund is not in her system. She advises me that I
> should wait a week and then call back because they probabally made an
> ajustment and will allow photocopies of the reciept to get both refunds.
> $35 a set, that's awesome!!!
>
> just wanted to share, and let anyone knowing about thinking of buying them
> both to get seperate reciepts

The simplest solution might be to go back to BB and see if they will give
you individual receipts for each set. Might just save some rebate
frustration later.

--
callsignviper

The truth is out there. You just have to look in the right places and ask
the right questions.