Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Is the extra Indy disc at Best Buy ny good?

Is the extra Indy disc at Best Buy ny good?

Bobcancel

Could some one post a review of the extras on thius exclusive disc at Best Buy?
I thinking of buying it. But, Best Buy is asking a little more for the set.
Is the featurette worth it?

Wade365

<< Could some one post a review of the extras on thius exclusive disc at Best
Buy?
I thinking of buying it. But, Best Buy is asking a little more for the set.
Is the featurette worth it? >>

It's a ten minute "Making Of" and from what I've read so far the answer is
"no".

trikster

The disc is OK, mildly amusing at best. It's about ten minutes long and is
basically a standard marketing documentary with some behind the scenes
footage. During interviews with Spielberg and Lucas, they discuss the
origins of the film's concept as well as how great the finished movie is
going to be. The picture is grainy and there are some pops and cracks in
the soundtrack because no clean-up was done on it.

I haven't watched any of the features on the bonus disc so I can't say if
you get anything with this extra Best Buy disc that you can't see on the
other discs. Probably not. Personally I wanted to have everything so if
the Best Buy disc is a couple of extra bucks than you could get it at
Walmart, it's worth it to me. To tell you the truth, I paid 44.99 for the
set which is slightly cheaper than most online retailers I purchase from
(DVDempire, DVDplanet, Amazon.com) so it really wasn't an issue for me.

"Bobcancel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Could some one post a review of the extras on thius exclusive disc at Best

Buy?
> I thinking of buying it. But, Best Buy is asking a little more for the

set.
> Is the featurette worth it?

WJM

"trikster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> I haven't watched any of the features on the bonus disc so I can't say if
> you get anything with this extra Best Buy disc that you can't see on the
> other discs. Probably not. Personally I wanted to have everything so if
> the Best Buy disc is a couple of extra bucks than you could get it at
> Walmart, it's worth it to me.

No one should EVER buy anything al Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart is single handedly destroying portions of the U.S. economy (read
Time magazine's recent article or search google for more info).

Wade365

<< Wal-Mart is single handedly destroying portions of the U.S. economy (read
Time magazine's recent article or search google for more info). >>

So do drugs, teenage sex... "The Sky Is Falling! The Sky IS Falling!"

WJM

"Wade365" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> << Wal-Mart is single handedly destroying portions of the U.S. economy

(read
> Time magazine's recent article or search google for more info). >>
>
> So do drugs, teenage sex... "The Sky Is Falling! The Sky IS Falling!"

Don't try to minimize it when you clearly don't comprehend it.

jtown@punk.net

Bobcancel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: Could some one post a review of the extras on thius exclusive disc at Best Buy?
: I thinking of buying it. But, Best Buy is asking a little more for the set.
: Is the featurette worth it?

It ain't much but Best Buy had it on sale this weekend and one
of the CSRs helped me paw through the pile looking for a WS with
the extra disc. I think I paid $44.99 or thereabouts. Close
enough to DDD that I would have bought it even without the extra
disc which just has a ~10 minute "making of" type thing that
isn't really worth having unless you absolutely positively must
have every possible item related to the DVD release.

Jamie

Matthew L. Martin

WJM wrote:

> "Wade365" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>><< Wal-Mart is single handedly destroying portions of the U.S. economy

> (read
>
>>Time magazine's recent article or search google for more info). >>
>>
>>So do drugs, teenage sex... "The Sky Is Falling! The Sky IS Falling!"
>>

> Don't try to minimize it when you clearly don't comprehend it.

Don't try to maximize it when you clearly don't comprehend it.

What is being said about WalMart used to be said about Sears and Roebuck.

Matthew

--
<http://www.mlmartin.com/bbq/>

Thermodynamics For Dummies: You can't win.
You can't break even.
You can't get out of the game.

revoltnow

"Matthew L. Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) ws.com>...
> WJM wrote:
>
> > "Wade365" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> >><< Wal-Mart is single handedly destroying portions of the U.S. economy

> > (read
> >
> >>Time magazine's recent article or search google for more info). >>
> >>
> >>So do drugs, teenage sex... "The Sky Is Falling! The Sky IS Falling!"
> >>

> > Don't try to minimize it when you clearly don't comprehend it.

> Don't try to maximize it when you clearly don't comprehend it.
>
> What is being said about WalMart used to be said about Sears and Roebuck.
>
> Matthew

Please do not compare apples to oranges in an attempt to justify
WalMart's predatory and illegal behavior. When Sears & Roebuck was a
dominant retailer their employees were NOT paid poverty wages and
"encouraged" by their employer to apply for Federal Govt assistance,
etc.

Back to the original question. The extra BestBuy DVD is not worth
going out of your way for. It only contains a 10min promo from 1980
promoting the "upcoming" Raiders of the Lost Ark. The included 4th
Bonus disc contains a very well made "Making of" for each one of the
films making the extra disc unnecessary.

Matthew L. Martin

revoltnow wrote:
> "Matthew L. Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) ws.com>...
>
>>WJM wrote:
>>

>>>"Wade365" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>(read

>>>Don't try to minimize it when you clearly don't comprehend it.

>>Don't try to maximize it when you clearly don't comprehend it.
>>
>>What is being said about WalMart used to be said about Sears and Roebuck.
>>
>>Matthew

> Please do not compare apples to oranges in an attempt to justify
> WalMart's predatory and illegal behavior. When Sears & Roebuck was a
> dominant retailer their employees were NOT paid poverty wages and
> "encouraged" by their employer to apply for Federal Govt assistance,
> etc.

Walmart pays a wage that attracts the people who are willing to work for
that little. That is not illegal. Suggesting that workers who are having
financial trouble investigate government programs is not illegal. What
is Walmart doing that is illegal?

Matthew