Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Matrix Reloaded: No commentary??

Reply
Thread Tools

Matrix Reloaded: No commentary??

 
 
Larry G
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-21-2003
Apologies if this has been brought up before, but picked up the new Matrix
Reloaded disc the other day and was disappointed to find there was no
commentary. Has anyone heard any scuttlebutt as to why this is, and if
there are plans in the works for a special edition with commentary or a
commentary on the about-to-be-released Matrix Revolutions disc when it is
released? I assume it is not to give anything away, but this was one of my
favorite features of the first movie disc.

Larry

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
--o--
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-21-2003

"Larry G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bn3b9h$t0u0r$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Apologies if this has been brought up before, but picked up the new Matrix
> Reloaded disc the other day and was disappointed to find there was no
> commentary. Has anyone heard any scuttlebutt as to why this is, and if
> there are plans in the works for a special edition with commentary or a
> commentary on the about-to-be-released Matrix Revolutions disc when it is
> released? I assume it is not to give anything away, but this was one of

my
> favorite features of the first movie disc.
>
> Larry
>


there's an eventual boxset apparently


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
CLOSEDOWN8
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-21-2003
I'd rather have no commentary on "The Matrix Reloaded" than have a mind-numbing
borefest like the "Matrix" commentary eating into the film's bitrate. The
Wachowskis won't do commentaries, and I think everyone knows what a monumental
disaster the Gaeta/Staenberg/Moss commentaryon the first filmwas.
--------------------------------
"That's the worst reverse-acting I've ever seen!" -Sam Raimi
 
Reply With Quote
 
unclejr
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-21-2003
"Larry G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote...
> Apologies if this has been brought up before, but picked up the new Matrix
> Reloaded disc the other day and was disappointed to find there was no
> commentary.


<snip>

> I assume it is not to give anything away, but this was one of my
> favorite features of the first movie disc.


You HAVE GOT to be kidding me, right? How many more "Beavis and
Butt-Head"-type comments do you need on a commentary track?

"Watch this... this is soooooo cool!" followed by long periods of
SILENCE, followed by "working with Andy and Larry was great."

<sarcasm>Yep, that sure was very insightful commentary on The Matrix
DVD.</sarcasm>

Whatever floats your boat.

-Junior
 
Reply With Quote
 
Will
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-21-2003

"CLOSEDOWN8" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
The
| Wachowskis won't do commentaries,

The whole "they wont do interviews, they wont do commentaries" is just
a spin they put on the fact that they were busy making the movies. Once
they're done, they'll be able to do the commentaries.

Plus, they'll be able to do the commentaries without worrying about
giving away the story of the final film in the trilogy.

Perhaps the reason why the extras suck so bad on the Reloaded DVD is
because what with everything filming at once, it would have been far
too easy to figure out the ending. So we got a bunch of commercials for
other Matrix products instead of anything interesting (aside from the
MTV spoof, which was fantastic).


 
Reply With Quote
 
kaboom
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-21-2003
On 21 Oct 2003 13:38:55 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (unclejr) wrote:

>"Larry G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote...
>> Apologies if this has been brought up before, but picked up the new Matrix
>> Reloaded disc the other day and was disappointed to find there was no
>> commentary.

>
><snip>
>
>> I assume it is not to give anything away, but this was one of my
>> favorite features of the first movie disc.

>
>You HAVE GOT to be kidding me, right? How many more "Beavis and
>Butt-Head"-type comments do you need on a commentary track?
>
>"Watch this... this is soooooo cool!" followed by long periods of
>SILENCE, followed by "working with Andy and Larry was great."
>
><sarcasm>Yep, that sure was very insightful commentary on The Matrix
>DVD.</sarcasm>
>
>Whatever floats your boat.


**I really enjoyed the isolated soundtrack that was on the first
Matrix. Is there one on Matrix Reloaded?

kaboomie
 
Reply With Quote
 
Joshua Zyber
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-21-2003
Anyone who's listened to the commentary on the first Matrix DVD knows
exactly why there is no commentary on this one, and should be very
thankful for being spared the pain.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Mark B.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-21-2003

"kaboom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> **I really enjoyed the isolated soundtrack that was on the first
> Matrix. Is there one on Matrix Reloaded?
>
> kaboomie


Are you kidding? At least read the subject line for a clue.



 
Reply With Quote
 
kaboom
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-21-2003
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:18:15 -0400, "Mark B."
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
>"kaboom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>> **I really enjoyed the isolated soundtrack that was on the first
>> Matrix. Is there one on Matrix Reloaded?
>>
>> kaboomie

>
>Are you kidding? At least read the subject line for a clue.


?? The isolated soundtrack on the first one also has commentary which
I liked much better than the regular commentary on the disc. Sorry for
the confusion.

kaboomie
 
Reply With Quote
 
unclejr
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-22-2003
(E-Mail Removed)mbleek (CLOSEDOWN wrote...
> I'd rather have no commentary on "The Matrix Reloaded" than have a mind-numbing
> borefest like the "Matrix" commentary eating into the film's bitrate.


I whole-heartedly agree.

> The Wachowskis won't do commentaries,


This is simply not true. They did one for "Bound" with Jennifer
Tilly, Gina Gershon, Joey Pants, and Susie Bright all together in the
sound booth. Susie Bright has a VERY small part (in the bar at the
beginning of the film), but she is THE most entertaining and most
thought-provoking commentator for this film.

-Junior
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Matrix operations on character matrix element? Robert Kern Python 0 04-02-2009 12:27 AM
Re: Matrix operations on character matrix element? Terry Reedy Python 0 04-02-2009 12:12 AM
Matrix*Vector and Vector*Matrix Holgerson C++ 3 10-26-2007 07:38 AM
Matrix composed by two matrix lvcargnini VHDL 3 07-05-2006 07:21 AM
Re: Matrix DTS and Matrix 2 DTS? PeterTHX DVD Video 0 08-03-2003 05:46 AM



Advertisments