Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Indiana Jones - 10 deleted scenes?

Indiana Jones - 10 deleted scenes?

Lord Vader III

I just saw the Circuit City ad and they're saying the Indiana Jones box
set has 10 deleted scenes? I didn't see that on any of the specs I've
read.

LVIII

D R Ranch

Having seen only part of the first Indy, yes there are fill ins that are say
seconds in length but some how make the movie smoother....like the Nazi's
talking with the arabs before they attack Indy in the market place for
one....great DVD !!

"Lord Vader III" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just saw the Circuit City ad and they're saying the Indiana Jones box
> set has 10 deleted scenes? I didn't see that on any of the specs I've
> read.
>
> LVIII

---

sireltonjohn@yahoo.com

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:42:19 GMT, "D R Ranch"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Having seen only part of the first Indy, yes there are fill ins that are say
>seconds in length but some how make the movie smoother....like the Nazi's
>talking with the arabs before they attack Indy in the market place for
>one....great DVD !!
>
>"Lord Vader III" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I just saw the Circuit City ad and they're saying the Indiana Jones box
>> set has 10 deleted scenes? I didn't see that on any of the specs I've
>> read.
>>
>> LVIII

>---

YEP!

I noticed that too, I thought I was LOOOOSIING my mind during a scene
with Saleh (sic) in Cairo; popped in my LaserDisc version and sure
enough Raiders does have a few extra bits here and here!

Nicely done George and Steve! Don't advertise it, JUST DO IT!

Cheers!

Paul C.

news:(E-Mail Removed):

> YEP!
>
> I noticed that too, I thought I was LOOOOSIING my mind during a

scene
> with Saleh (sic) in Cairo; popped in my LaserDisc version and sure
> enough Raiders does have a few extra bits here and here!
>
> Nicely done George and Steve! Don't advertise it, JUST DO IT!
>
> Cheers!

I was wondering about that myself as there were the occassional
short parts that I didn't remember from the movie. Nice to know it's
not just being crazy

Smaug69

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:42:19 GMT, "D R Ranch"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Having seen only part of the first Indy, yes there are fill ins that are say
> >seconds in length but some how make the movie smoother....like the Nazi's
> >talking with the arabs before they attack Indy in the market place for
> >one....great DVD !!
> >
> >"Lord Vader III" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> I just saw the Circuit City ad and they're saying the Indiana Jones box
> >> set has 10 deleted scenes? I didn't see that on any of the specs I've
> >> read.
> >>
> >> LVIII

> >---
> >

> YEP!
>
> I noticed that too, I thought I was LOOOOSIING my mind during a scene
> with Saleh (sic) in Cairo; popped in my LaserDisc version and sure
> enough Raiders does have a few extra bits here and here!
>
> Nicely done George and Steve! Don't advertise it, JUST DO IT!

The reason they didn't advertise it is because they didn't add
anything. The only changes are some cleanups of mistakes, dirt,
scratches, etc.

From the Digital Bits:

"You should also know that Lucasfilm and Paramount have gone in and
made some minor fixes to these films, erasing elements that weren't
originally intended to be seen. So, for example, when Indy falls into
the Well of Souls now, you won't see the reflection of the cobra on
the glass that was placed to protect actor Harrison Ford. Also, when
the giant stone ball rolls after Indy in the opening of Raiders, a
support beam that guided the ball on the set has been erased. We're
told that some 14 minor fixes were made to these films in all."

And after checking several other websites and seeing no mention of any
additions I think we can safely say that there are none.

Smaug69

Smaug69

From somewhere over there (E-Mail Removed) (Smaug69) mumbled
incoherently:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
>> On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:42:19 GMT, "D R Ranch"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >Having seen only part of the first Indy, yes there are fill ins that are say
>> >seconds in length but some how make the movie smoother....like the Nazi's
>> >talking with the arabs before they attack Indy in the market place for
>> >one....great DVD !!

>> I noticed that too, I thought I was LOOOOSIING my mind during a scene
>> with Saleh (sic) in Cairo; popped in my LaserDisc version and sure
>> enough Raiders does have a few extra bits here and here!
>>
>> Nicely done George and Steve! Don't advertise it, JUST DO IT!

>The reason they didn't advertise it is because they didn't add
>anything. The only changes are some cleanups of mistakes, dirt,
>scratches, etc.
>
>From the Digital Bits:
>
>"You should also know that Lucasfilm and Paramount have gone in and
>made some minor fixes to these films, erasing elements that weren't
>originally intended to be seen. So, for example, when Indy falls into
>the Well of Souls now, you won't see the reflection of the cobra on
>the glass that was placed to protect actor Harrison Ford. Also, when
>the giant stone ball rolls after Indy in the opening of Raiders, a
>support beam that guided the ball on the set has been erased. We're
>told that some 14 minor fixes were made to these films in all."
>
>And after checking several other websites and seeing no mention of any
>additions I think we can safely say that there are none.

Just an addendum to this post...I have watched the first hour of the
film- just before they drop down into the Well of the Souls- and there
is nothing new added to it. The scene with the Nazis and the Arabs in
the market place and the scenes with Sallah in Cairo were all in the
original.

The only thing I can think of is you guys have seen the film too many
times on broadcast TV where they cut the **** out of it and that is
burned into your brain.

--
I know no one can do me no harm because Joy is a hot revolver,
and he is afraid of the monkeys who are in possession of the

Scott Streeter

Smaug69 <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> From somewhere over there (E-Mail Removed) (Smaug69) mumbled
> incoherently:
>
> >(E-Mail Removed) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..

> >> I noticed that too, I thought I was LOOOOSIING my mind during a scene
> >> with Saleh (sic) in Cairo; popped in my LaserDisc version and sure
> >> enough Raiders does have a few extra bits here and here!
> >>
> >> Nicely done George and Steve! Don't advertise it, JUST DO IT!

> >The reason they didn't advertise it is because they didn't add
> >anything. The only changes are some cleanups of mistakes, dirt,
> >scratches, etc.
> >
> >From the Digital Bits:
> >
> >"You should also know that Lucasfilm and Paramount have gone in and
> >made some minor fixes to these films, erasing elements that weren't
> >originally intended to be seen. So, for example, when Indy falls into
> >the Well of Souls now, you won't see the reflection of the cobra on
> >the glass that was placed to protect actor Harrison Ford. Also, when
> >the giant stone ball rolls after Indy in the opening of Raiders, a
> >support beam that guided the ball on the set has been erased. We're
> >told that some 14 minor fixes were made to these films in all."
> >
> >And after checking several other websites and seeing no mention of any
> >additions I think we can safely say that there are none.

> Just an addendum to this post...I have watched the first hour of the
> film- just before they drop down into the Well of the Souls- and there
> is nothing new added to it. The scene with the Nazis and the Arabs in
> the market place and the scenes with Sallah in Cairo were all in the
> original.
>
> The only thing I can think of is you guys have seen the film too many
> times on broadcast TV where they cut the **** out of it and that is
> burned into your brain.

I seem to remember some dialog that was not on the DVD. When Indy is
first talking to Salah at his home in Cairo he said something about maybe the
Ark should not be disturbed and Indy remarks something like "First
Marcus and now you." Anyone else remember this or am I nuts?

--
Scott Streeter
(E-Mail Removed)

Peter Briggs

Scott Streeter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I seem to remember some dialog that was not on the DVD. When Indy is
> first talking to Salah at his home in Cairo he said something about maybe the
> Ark should not be disturbed and Indy remarks something like "First
> Marcus and now you." Anyone else remember this or am I nuts?

Sorry, Scott. FMS (False Memory Syndrome!). That was never in the
movie.

Jordan Lund

Scott Streeter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...

> I seem to remember some dialog that was not on the DVD. When Indy is
> first talking to Salah at his home in Cairo he said something about maybe the
> Ark should not be disturbed and Indy remarks something like "First
> Marcus and now you." Anyone else remember this or am I nuts?

Could be from the comic book adaptation... Like when he uses his whip
to tie himself to the periscope of the Nazi submarine...

- Jordan

CONTEST: Indiana Jones Zuiun DVD Video 0 09-29-2003 05:57 AM
indiana jones trilogy R2 - CUT !?? Peter Row DVD Video 3 09-24-2003 02:45 PM
Indiana Jones Trilogy in Amazon's 10% discount via Share the Love Programe Kancil Killer DVD Video 0 09-20-2003 03:50 PM
Indiana Jones Trilogy - DVD Cover Art Posted Mike McGee DVD Video 0 09-17-2003 10:14 PM
Indiana Jones: Moved up to Oct. 21. Scot Gardner DVD Video 1 08-12-2003 06:27 PM

Advertisments