Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Badlands/True Romance question

Badlands/True Romance question

JONA99

Ashamed to admit I only just discovered "Badlands." Wonderful film.
Accomplished in 93 minutes what Quentin Tarantino took two scripts ("True
Romance" and "Natural Born Killers") to do.

My first surprise was the score, that zylophone/steel drum thing. I've been
hearing that imitated for years now, and have always given credit to Hans
Zimmer. So is Zimmer's True Romance score an "hommage" to Badlands or just a
ripoff? Or is it exactly the same score? Or are they both in fact a reworking
of an older, traditional piece of music? Is this mentioned in the True
Romance DVD commentary?

Anyway, here's hoping for a Badlands special edition DVD...

Werz Mungle

"JONA99" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ashamed to admit I only just discovered "Badlands." Wonderful film.
> Accomplished in 93 minutes what Quentin Tarantino took two scripts ("True
> Romance" and "Natural Born Killers") to do.
>
> My first surprise was the score, that zylophone/steel drum thing. I've

been
> hearing that imitated for years now, and have always given credit to Hans
> Zimmer. So is Zimmer's True Romance score an "hommage" to Badlands or

just a
> ripoff? Or is it exactly the same score? Or are they both in fact a

reworking
> of an older, traditional piece of music? Is this mentioned in the True
> Romance DVD commentary?
>
> Anyway, here's hoping for a Badlands special edition DVD...

It's Carl Orff's Musica Poetica

Listen to a sample here:

Where you can add a touch of romance to success and achievement!Find your perfect match at free of cost sojankf ASP .Net 0 01-02-2009 10:19 AM
FS: Lot of 10 DVDs - Kill Bill, True Romance, Wonderland, $52.00.............dvd#TYJ361 campu2 DVD Video 0 05-31-2005 05:43 AM
OT: Office Romance Sexymanlyman MCSE 14 06-29-2004 02:59 PM
Re: Summer Romance trout Computer Support 2 07-07-2003 02:34 AM
Re: Summer Romance minicooper Computer Support 0 07-06-2003 05:43 AM

Advertisments