Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Hong Kong/Asian/Japanese DVDs? Where to Order (Canadian Source)

Hong Kong/Asian/Japanese DVDs? Where to Order (Canadian Source)

Lucas Tam

Hi all,

Does anyone have a recommended store where I can order HK DVDs from?
Preferably 'real' HK DVDs and not counterfeit.

I guess I could goto Pacific Mall in Toronto, but parking is crazy there...
and, being a little dumb, I might end up picking up a "fake" DVD.

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

Lucas Tam

Mischa van Dinter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I like dddhouse.com.

Thanks for the DDDhouse info. The prices seem pretty good - were the DVDs
legit?

Thanks!

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

Ray Tracer

in article http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), Mischa van Dinter at
(E-Mail Removed) thus spake on 10/18/03 2:55 AM:

> On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 06:15:11 GMT, Lucas Tam <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>

>> Does anyone have a recommended store where I can order HK DVDs from?
>> Preferably 'real' HK DVDs and not counterfeit.
>>
>> I guess I could goto Pacific Mall in Toronto, but parking is crazy there...
>> and, being a little dumb, I might end up picking up a "fake" DVD.

> I like dddhouse.com. They are cheap and respond well to email. I have
> done business with coolashop.com as well, but I found their website to
> be inaccurate and the person I had email contact with did not speak
> english very well.
>
> Mischa

At this point, it appears that the coolashop.com website isn't
inaccurate....it's just gone. I hadn't heard of them and so tried the URL
you mentioned and got this message in my browser:

"PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT COOLASHOP HAS BEEN SUSPENDED SINCE 1ST JULY 2003.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATRONAGE. CUSTOMERS WITH OUTSTANDING COOLACASH WILL
RECEIVE A SEPARATE E-MAIL MESSAGE REGARDING THE REDEMPTION ARRANGEMENT. "

FYI,
Neal
--
"Is Graham Chapman really dead or is he just being difficult?" - Eric Idle

Mischa van Dinter

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 16:31:53 GMT, Lucas Tam <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Mischa van Dinter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> I like dddhouse.com.

>Thanks for the DDDhouse info. The prices seem pretty good - were the DVDs
>legit?
>
>Thanks!

Yes, DDDHouse is legit and so are the DVDs, all are official licensed
Hong Kong releases. I have done business with them on several
occasions and have not had any problems.

Mischa

Cernovog

In article <Xns941816E89732Anntprogerscom@140.99.99.130>,
Lucas Tam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Does anyone have a recommended store where I can order HK DVDs from?
> Preferably 'real' HK DVDs and not counterfeit.

There's HK DVD Mart at http://www.hkdvdmart.com

They're a real HK store in HK and they sell real DVDs. ^_^ I've been
to their store on Nathan Road. Kewl!

I buy my HK DVDs from http://www.dvdasian.com

I like their selection and they have seperate categories for dvds
from countries that are usually lumped together under "other".

For DVDs in general, I like http://www.dvdsoon.com, they're a
Canadian company.

> I guess I could goto Pacific Mall in Toronto, but parking is crazy there...
> and, being a little dumb, I might end up picking up a "fake" DVD.

I loooove the Pacific Mall. When you go there, head next door to
Market Village and stop at a place called Munch Bunch and get the mango
ice cream! I never go to Toronto without stopping at Munch Bunch!

There are a lot of bootleg places at Pacific Mall, but a lot of good
stores that sell legit stuff. Usually, price is the dead giveaway. If
it's a brand new release and it's only $8 CAN, it's probably boot.

I wish I could name a few legit stores in the mall for you, but I
know them by sight, not by name.

Finally, I've never had a hard time parking at Pacific Mall. Now
herding out of that gigantic parking lot shared by two malls and leaving
out that one tiny exit... yeah, that's a little crazy. Build a couple
more exits to the side streets people!

Lucas Tam

Cernovog <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:5e00ab57c43d3fc09f7417f61ed96737
@news.cyclonews.com:

> I wish I could name a few legit stores in the mall for you, but I
> know them by sight, not by name.

Ha Ha, same... Pac Mall in Toronto is a maze. All the stores look the same!

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

Hong Kong VOIP Johnathan Smith UK VOIP 3 08-23-2005 08:34 AM
ESD's Hong Kong Case Mod @ Mistix.co.uk Silverstrand Front Page News 0 07-28-2005 04:42 PM
Anyone know a Hong Kong virtual number provider? Alex VOIP 0 11-06-2004 08:03 AM
MCSE in Hong Kong =?Utf-8?B?QWxleCBEb25n?= MCSE 26 10-22-2004 02:54 PM
canon 10D price in hong kong NPS Digital Photography 1 07-30-2003 12:43 AM

Advertisments