Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Original Apes gets an anamorphic redo

Original Apes gets an anamorphic redo

Michael Rogers

http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-...003/10_16.html

Looks like much of the bonus material(except for the commentaries) is
straight out of the Image release of "Behind The Planet Of The Apes"
(including the documentary)but it will be great to have it anamorphic.

Hopefully the sequels will follow.

Mike

napalm68

I'm not sure what the story was with the R1 release. The PAL region releases
of the original was a beautiful anamorphic transfer.

"Michael Rogers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-...003/10_16.html
>
> Looks like much of the bonus material(except for the commentaries) is
> straight out of the Image release of "Behind The Planet Of The Apes"
> (including the documentary)but it will be great to have it anamorphic.
>
> Hopefully the sequels will follow.
>
> Mike

CLOSEDOWN8

I love all the "Apes" movies and I wish they were all getting the same
treatment.
--------------------------------
"That's the worst reverse-acting I've ever seen!" -Sam Raimi

Peter Briggs

CLOSEDOWN8 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I love all the "Apes" movies and I wish they were all getting the same
> treatment.

I only care for the first two...the rest just seemed
tired/cheesy/ludicrous/delete where applicable.

Kishin

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Michael Rogers <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-...003/10_16.html
>
> Looks like much of the bonus material(except for the commentaries) is
> straight out of the Image release of "Behind The Planet Of The Apes"
> (including the documentary)but it will be great to have it anamorphic.

I bought the VHS box set when it came out, but haven't yet replaced it
on DVD. I guess I made the right choice. I can't wait to see it
anamporphic!

Kishin

CLOSEDOWN8

>I only care for the first two...the rest just seemed
>tired/cheesy/ludicrous/delete where applicable.

The fifth movie was terrible, I'll grant you that, but the third and fourth
movies were superior to the second.
--------------------------------
"That's the worst reverse-acting I've ever seen!" -Sam Raimi

napalm68

Hey, Nova and Chuck Heston were in the second...

"CLOSEDOWN8" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I only care for the first two...the rest just seemed
> >tired/cheesy/ludicrous/delete where applicable.

> The fifth movie was terrible, I'll grant you that, but the third and

fourth
> movies were superior to the second.
> --------------------------------
> "That's the worst reverse-acting I've ever seen!" -Sam Raimi

Cernovog

In article
<1g310n5.1vgsef61fur4hlN%pete@DIESPAMDIE!cinescrib e.demon.co.uk>,
pete@DIESPAMDIE!cinescribe.demon.co.uk (Peter Briggs) wrote:

> I only care for the first two...the rest just seemed
> tired/cheesy/ludicrous/delete where applicable.

The second movie was absolutely awful. I'd be interested in hearing
what you find so entertaining about it.

I'm amazed they actually made more movies after that horrible sequel.
I suppose I'm glad they did. I thought the third movie was delightfully
refreshing. This time the apes were the strangers in a strange world and
Zira and Cornelius are such charismatic, likeable characters.

Peter Briggs

CLOSEDOWN8 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >I only care for the first two...the rest just seemed
> >tired/cheesy/ludicrous/delete where applicable.

> The fifth movie was terrible, I'll grant you that, but the third and fourth
> movies were superior to the second.

You think? The shopping spree montage in "Escape" is just about one of
the most embarrassing things I've ever seen.

Peter Briggs

Cernovog <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The second movie was absolutely awful. I'd be interested in hearing
> what you find so entertaining about it.

I'm boggled! I thought the third was the worst.