Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > and what about Twin Peaks season2?

and what about Twin Peaks season2?

roy

When oh when is TP season 2 going to be released?

Roy

Eric R.

"roy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> When oh when is TP season 2 going to be released?

Yeah, it seems like David Lynch material comes out on DVD at a
excruciatingly SLOOWWWWWWW rate. Jeez Artisan, let's get with the
program!

-Eric

jayembee

"roy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> When oh when is TP season 2 going to be released?

No one knows. Speculation is that the acquisition of Spelling
Entertainment by Viacom has put it into limbo for now.

-- jayembee

Sydney Assbasket

>> When oh when is TP season 2 going to be released?
>
>No one knows. Speculation is that the acquisition of Spelling
>Entertainment by Viacom has put it into limbo for now.

Do they still own the rights?

Remove "moc" to reply.

Whoever says "Nothing is impossible" has never tried to slam a
revolving door.
- Willy Walker

unclejr

"roy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message...
> When oh when is TP season 2 going to be released?
>
> Roy

Not for a VERY long time...

I believe that Artisan lost the rights to the series, and now
Paramount owns them. My guess is that the market of buyers for Twin
Peaks isn't large enough for Paramount to bother with producing a
Season 2 DVD set. If they do, I'm afraid that it won't be nearly the
same quality that the Season 1 DVD set is.

-Junior

Darrel Christenson

unclejr wrote:

> I believe that Artisan lost the rights to the series, and now
> Paramount owns them. My guess is that the market of buyers for Twin
> Peaks isn't large enough for Paramount to bother with producing a
> Season 2 DVD set. If they do, I'm afraid that it won't be nearly the
> same quality that the Season 1 DVD set is.

Glad I kept my laserdisc boxed sets, maybe time to finally
seasons 2 and on to dvd-r.

Darrel

Murder

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (unclejr) wrote in news:139de3b3.0310171301.6a1580a9
@posting.google.com:

> "roy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message...
>> When oh when is TP season 2 going to be released?
>>
>> Roy

> Not for a VERY long time...
>
> I believe that Artisan lost the rights to the series, and now
> Paramount owns them. My guess is that the market of buyers for Twin
> Peaks isn't large enough for Paramount to bother with producing a
> Season 2 DVD set. If they do, I'm afraid that it won't be nearly the
> same quality that the Season 1 DVD set is.

****! I love season 2. Maybe I'll just sell my season 1 set.

Pygmy

http://www.2000revue.com/tp/index.php

>On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 15:27:42 +0200, "roy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>When oh when is TP season 2 going to be released?
>
>Roy

jayembee

(E-Mail Removed)oc (Sydney Assbasket ) wrote:

>>> When oh when is TP season 2 going to be released?

>> No one knows. Speculation is that the acquisition of Spelling
>> Entertainment by Viacom has put it into limbo for now.

> Do they still own the rights?

I don't know. Generally speaking, existing contracts don't
just disappear into the aether when one party gets acquired
by another company. Without knowing what the details were
of Artisan's deal with Spelling, it's impossible to say with
any certainty whether any or all of it was invalidated by
Viacom's acquisition of Spelling.

-- jayembee