Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Karloff's The Ghould

Karloff's The Ghould

Richard Adams

I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the history of
the print MGM used for the DVD issue of Karloff's The Ghoul?
Where did this print come from and why has it been unavailable
all these years? It's an extraordinary print and must have just
recently become available. Any background information
on this would be appreciated.

thanks,
Richard Adams

ML-78

> I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the history of
> the print MGM used for the DVD issue of Karloff's The Ghoul?
> Where did this print come from and why has it been unavailable
> all these years? It's an extraordinary print and must have just
> recently become available. Any background information
> on this would be appreciated.

The print was recently found in the archives of the British Film Institute.
There's some more background information to be read in Glenn Erickson's review
here:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/dvdsavant/s988ghoul.html

According to the review, the print was found this year.

ML-78

Richard Adams

ML-78,

Thank you for this information. It's really a fascinating history.
I can't believe the British Film Institute has been sitting on this
print so many years without even knowing it was there. I wonder
what else is gathering in their vaults????

Rich