Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Image

Image

Murder

I just ordered the Heroes Of Horror DVD from Amazon, and I'm hoping that
I'll get it before Halloween. But I'm concerned about Image since the K
Gordon Murray series got shelved. Is Image in financial straits right now?
The Image website seems to be the last place to look for info on titles.
Anyone else waiting on this DVD, or any other new Image titles?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...53769/sr%3D11-
1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/002-9780193-9209651

AAbrams0264

<< But I'm concerned about Image since the K
Gordon Murray series got shelved. >>

I think that has more to do with rights problems - besides these were
supposed to come out under the "Something Weird" label whose DVD releases are
licensed through Image.

DAM

Murder wrote:

> I just ordered the Heroes Of Horror DVD from Amazon, and I'm hoping that
> I'll get it before Halloween. But I'm concerned about Image since the K
> Gordon Murray series got shelved. Is Image in financial straits right now?
> The Image website seems to be the last place to look for info on titles.
> Anyone else waiting on this DVD, or any other new Image titles?
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...53769/sr%3D11-
> 1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/002-9780193-9209651
>

> The Castle Monster: http://www.processionofthedamned.com/diablo.htm

Anyone have their exact web address?
dam

ML-78

> Anyone have their exact web address?

www.image-entertainment.com

ML-78

Murder

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)ojunk (AAbrams0264) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> << But I'm concerned about Image since the K
> Gordon Murray series got shelved. >>
>
> I think that has more to do with rights problems - besides these
> were
> supposed to come out under the "Something Weird" label whose DVD
> releases are licensed through Image.

Come to think of it, Image was suposed to purchase Retromedia, so I guess
they can't be doing all that bad. The rights issue seemed a little odd
to me, since they already had the whole line slated, designed, and
presumably remastered. Why would they do that if they didn't have the
titles lock, stock and barrel?

Murder

DAM <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Murder wrote:
>
>> I just ordered the Heroes Of Horror DVD from Amazon, and I'm hoping
>> that I'll get it before Halloween. But I'm concerned about Image
>> since the K Gordon Murray series got shelved. Is Image in financial
>> straits right now? The Image website seems to be the last place to
>> look for info on titles. Anyone else waiting on this DVD, or any
>> other new Image titles?
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...1066253769/sr%
>> 3D11- 1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/002-9780193-9209651
>>

>> The Castle Monster: http://www.processionofthedamned.com/diablo.htm
>>

> Anyone have their exact web address?
> dam

Oh-oh! The classic horror fanatic didn't even know about it! That's
understandable, though, since no coming releases lists had it listed
until the other day. Sounds like they were rushing to make the 10/31
deadline. Another reason I'm sceptical...