Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > "Cabaret" question....

"Cabaret" question....

SpeedByrd PhD.

I notice 2 versions of this DVD on Amazon. The older one seems to have more of the extras. Why a
newer one?

SpeedByrd PhD

Scot Gardner

"SpeedByrd PhD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I notice 2 versions of this DVD on Amazon. The older one seems to
> have more of the extras. Why a newer one?
>
> SpeedByrd PhD

Try DVD Empire, and get more bang for your buck. Their NEW _Cabaret_
is loaded with extras:

Features:
25th Anniversary Documentary Cabaret: A Legend In the Making
Original Featurette The Recreation of an Era
Kit Kat Klub Memory Gallery: The Film's Stars and Creators Reminisce
About Making Movie Musical History
Extensive Production Notes
Interactive Menus
Theatrical Trailer
Scene Access
Video: Widescreen 1.85:1 Color
Audio: ENGLISH: Dolby Digital Stereo [CC]
Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
Release Date: 8-19-2003
Packaging: Snap Case
Disc: SS-DL
Chapters: 32
Item Code: 27986
UPC Code: 085392798629

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...earchID=258281

Compared to the new version, the OLD _Cabaret_ just doesn't measure up:

Features: Interactive Menu
Scene Access
Production Notes
Added Documentary Feartures!
Video: Widescreen 1.78:1 Color
Audio: ENGLISH: Dolby Digital Surround
Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
Release Date: 4-28-1998
Packaging: Snap Case
Disc: SS-SL
Chapters: 32
Item Code: 785
UPC Code: 012569078529

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...earchID=258281

SpeedByrd PhD.

I thought this was the stuff on the ORIGINAL DVD issue. On Amazon, the version issued first seems to have
more. Did they get them backwards?

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 19:35:16 -0700, "Scot Gardner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"SpeedByrd PhD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> I notice 2 versions of this DVD on Amazon. The older one seems to
>> have more of the extras. Why a newer one?
>>
>> SpeedByrd PhD

>Try DVD Empire, and get more bang for your buck. Their NEW _Cabaret_
>is loaded with extras:
>
>Features:
>25th Anniversary Documentary Cabaret: A Legend In the Making
>Original Featurette The Recreation of an Era
>Kit Kat Klub Memory Gallery: The Film's Stars and Creators Reminisce
>About Making Movie Musical History
>Extensive Production Notes
>Interactive Menus
>Theatrical Trailer
>Scene Access
>Video: Widescreen 1.85:1 Color
>Audio: ENGLISH: Dolby Digital Stereo [CC]
>Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
>Release Date: 8-19-2003
>Packaging: Snap Case
>Disc: SS-DL
>Chapters: 32
>Item Code: 27986
>UPC Code: 085392798629
>
>http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...earchID=258281
>
>Compared to the new version, the OLD _Cabaret_ just doesn't measure up:
>
>Features: Interactive Menu
>Scene Access
>Production Notes
>Added Documentary Feartures!
>Video: Widescreen 1.78:1 Color
>Audio: ENGLISH: Dolby Digital Surround
>Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
>Release Date: 4-28-1998
>Packaging: Snap Case
>Disc: SS-SL
>Chapters: 32
>Item Code: 785
>UPC Code: 012569078529
>
>http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...earchID=258281

SpeedByrd PhD

Bil Gonzalez

They are identical (including the transfer) except for packaging. The new
version is mistakenly labeled as anamorphic. It was an attempt to cash in
on the release of "Chicago".

-BG

wrote:

> >"SpeedByrd PhD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >> I notice 2 versions of this DVD on Amazon. The older one seems to
> >> have more of the extras. Why a newer one?
> >>
> >> SpeedByrd PhD

> >Try DVD Empire, and get more bang for your buck. Their NEW _Cabaret_
> >is loaded with extras:
> >
> >Features:
> >25th Anniversary Documentary Cabaret: A Legend In the Making
> >Original Featurette The Recreation of an Era
> >Kit Kat Klub Memory Gallery: The Film's Stars and Creators Reminisce
> >About Making Movie Musical History
> >Extensive Production Notes
> >Interactive Menus
> >Theatrical Trailer
> >Scene Access
> >Video: Widescreen 1.85:1 Color
> >Audio: ENGLISH: Dolby Digital Stereo [CC]
> >Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
> >Release Date: 8-19-2003
> >Packaging: Snap Case
> >Disc: SS-DL
> >Chapters: 32
> >Item Code: 27986
> >UPC Code: 085392798629
> >

>http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...21&item_id=537

926&searchID=258281

> >Compared to the new version, the OLD _Cabaret_ just doesn't measure up:
> >
> >Features: Interactive Menu
> >Scene Access
> >Production Notes
> >Added Documentary Feartures!
> >Video: Widescreen 1.78:1 Color
> >Audio: ENGLISH: Dolby Digital Surround
> >Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
> >Release Date: 4-28-1998
> >Packaging: Snap Case
> >Disc: SS-SL
> >Chapters: 32
> >Item Code: 785
> >UPC Code: 012569078529
> >

>http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...21&item_id=528

&searchID=258281

> SpeedByrd PhD

Dr. Speedbyrd :>

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:57:02 -0400, "Bil Gonzalez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>They are identical (including the transfer) except for packaging. The new
>version is mistakenly labeled as anamorphic. It was an attempt to cash in
>on the release of "Chicago".
>
>-BG
>
>"SpeedByrd PhD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>> I thought this was the stuff on the ORIGINAL DVD issue. On Amazon, the

>version issued first seems to have
>> more. Did they get them backwards?
>>
>> On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 19:35:16 -0700, "Scot Gardner" <(E-Mail Removed)>

>wrote:
>>
>> >"SpeedByrd PhD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

Exactly what I thought. Many thanks for saving me some $

SpeedByrd PhD