Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Googlebar for Firefox

Googlebar for Firefox

Tony Raven

When I upgraded to FF v1.5 the old Googlebar extension didn't work and
there has been no version upgrade. I tried bumping the version number
up but it didn't work so I switched to Googlebar Lite. I now notice
that Google themselves have a FF version of their Googlebar available
and it works with v1.5.
http://toolbar.google.com/firefox/

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham

History Fan

It should be noted that the latest Google Toolbar for Firefox is not
compatible with Windows 98 or ME.

"Tony Raven" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I upgraded to FF v1.5 the old Googlebar extension didn't work and
> there has been no version upgrade. I tried bumping the version number up
> but it didn't work so I switched to Googlebar Lite. I now notice that
> Google themselves have a FF version of their Googlebar available and it
> works with v1.5.
> http://toolbar.google.com/firefox/
>
> --
> Tony
>
> "The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the
> right."
> - Lord Hailsham

Victor

Hmmm... Google is becoming more like Microsoft every day...!

"History Fan" wrote...
> It should be noted that the latest Google Toolbar for Firefox is not
> compatible with Windows 98 or ME.
>
> "Tony Raven" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > When I upgraded to FF v1.5 the old Googlebar extension didn't work and
> > there has been no version upgrade. I tried bumping the version number up
> > but it didn't work so I switched to Googlebar Lite. I now notice that
> > Google themselves have a FF version of their Googlebar available and it
> > works with v1.5.
> > http://toolbar.google.com/firefox/
> >
> > --
> > Tony
> >
> > "The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the
> > right."
> > - Lord Hailsham

ctrl-alt.delete@reboot.com

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 17:07:11 -0500, "Victor" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hmmm... Google is becoming more like Microsoft every day...!

Google is going down the shithole real fast. I have grown to hate
Google and will not use them any longer.

Also. DO NOT use the google toolbar. It's loaded with spyware.
Same as the Yahoo toolbar or that thing called "weatherbug".

>"History Fan" wrote...
>> It should be noted that the latest Google Toolbar for Firefox is not
>> compatible with Windows 98 or ME.
>>
>> "Tony Raven" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > When I upgraded to FF v1.5 the old Googlebar extension didn't work and
>> > there has been no version upgrade. I tried bumping the version number up
>> > but it didn't work so I switched to Googlebar Lite. I now notice that
>> > Google themselves have a FF version of their Googlebar available and it
>> > works with v1.5.
>> > http://toolbar.google.com/firefox/
>> >
>> > --
>> > Tony
>> >
>> > "The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the
>> > right."
>> > - Lord Hailsham

gwtc

> On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 17:07:11 -0500, "Victor" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>Hmmm... Google is becoming more like Microsoft every day...!
>>

> Google is going down the shithole real fast. I have grown to hate
> Google and will not use them any longer.
>
> Also. DO NOT use the google toolbar. It's loaded with spyware.
> Same as the Yahoo toolbar or that thing called "weatherbug".
>

>>"History Fan" wrote...
>>
>>> It should be noted that the latest Google Toolbar for Firefox is not
>>>compatible with Windows 98 or ME.
>>>
>>>"Tony Raven" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

thats why I prefer to use this googlebar: http://googlebar.mozdev.org/

gwtc

gwtc wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>

>>On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 17:07:11 -0500, "Victor" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>Hmmm... Google is becoming more like Microsoft every day...!
>>>

>>Google is going down the shithole real fast. I have grown to hate
>>Google and will not use them any longer.
>>
>>Also. DO NOT use the google toolbar. It's loaded with spyware.
>>Same as the Yahoo toolbar or that thing called "weatherbug".
>>

>>>"History Fan" wrote...

> thats why I prefer to use this googlebar: http://googlebar.mozdev.org/

Or Yahoo Companion for the Yahoo bar: http://companion.mozdev.org/

Tony Raven

gwtc wrote:

> thats why I prefer to use this googlebar: http://googlebar.mozdev.org/

Doesn't work on v1.5 though even if you bump the version number up and
from the website doesn't look like the owner is doing much with it
anymore. Googlebar Lite is you only other Google option.

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham

snapesgal

There is a new version of googlebar 0.9.15.06a available at extensions
mirror.

http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=4336

It works great on Firefox 1.5.

GoogleBar for Firefox? Victor Firefox 4 03-20-2006 06:19 AM
Googlebar: can't read white text that's highlighted? GroupFug Firefox 4 03-28-2005 05:32 AM
Googlebar now available for Firefox PRPR Flatus Ohlfahrt Firefox 0 09-16-2004 08:37 PM
Googlebar - I can't use the options! Chaos Master Firefox 1 07-21-2004 11:17 AM
googlebar popup blocker? Phil B Computer Support 4 12-12-2003 11:24 AM

Advertisments