Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Texas Chain Saw Massacre

Texas Chain Saw Massacre

Paul Beck

Does anyone know if this is truly a NEW Edition? Some sources say
"repackaged". Yet others state the transfer was under Tobe Hooper.
"Painstakingly restored from the original 16mm ECO negatives, this special
edition presents Tobe Hooper's classic film as you've never seen it before."
Main question: is this widescreen "enhanced for 16x9 TVs?
No site states this, just that is it widescreen which doesn't help me at
all - I don't buy any more that aren't anamorphic.
Thanks for any information you can give.
Paul

Murder

"Paul Beck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:r8fjb.1285$(E-Mail Removed) :

> Does anyone know if this is truly a NEW Edition? Some sources say
> "repackaged". Yet others state the transfer was under Tobe Hooper.
> "Painstakingly restored from the original 16mm ECO negatives, this
> special edition presents Tobe Hooper's classic film as you've never
> seen it before." Main question: is this widescreen "enhanced for 16x9
> TVs? No site states this, just that is it widescreen which doesn't
> help me at all - I don't buy any more that aren't anamorphic.
> Thanks for any information you can give.
> Paul

Exactly the same except for the idiotic new cover.

Jeffman

This version is still not enhanced for 16x9.
It is the exact same DVD that was out before with a new case and cover.

Jeffman

Dunf

"Jeffman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> This version is still not enhanced for 16x9.
> It is the exact same DVD that was out before with a new case and cover.
>
> Jeffman

This could rate the worst packaging for a re-issue ever! Keep your Pioneer
version since it's the same in terms of the extras'; transfer I don't know.

Martin Schemitsch

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:06:31 GMT, Paul Beck <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Does anyone know if this is truly a NEW Edition? Some sources say
> "repackaged". Yet others state the transfer was under Tobe Hooper.
> "Painstakingly restored from the original 16mm ECO negatives, this
> special
> edition presents Tobe Hooper's classic film as you've never seen it
> before."
> Main question: is this widescreen "enhanced for 16x9 TVs?

I saw it at the movies and it's shot on 16mm: It should be 1:1.33 and _not_
widescreen. Otherwise it has been enlarged and something is missing
vertically and it's not the original aspect ratio anymore...

Hope that helps,
Martin

"I don't know. I'm making this up as I go!"
(H.Ford as Dr. H.Jones Jr. in "Raiders of the Lost Ark")

tiny texas houses, tiny houses, tumbleweed tiny house company, tinyhouse, small houses, tiny texas houses of luling Texas Bob Ruby 0 07-25-2009 01:10 AM
ISO Cisco consultant in Houston Texas Douglas Cisco 1 01-22-2005 08:32 AM
.net texas mark MCSD 5 08-24-2004 08:53 PM
VHDL Model for TCM3105 (Texas) ? Andreas Aigner VHDL 0 06-28-2004 08:27 AM
TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE (1974) new DVD question Dr.Nick Riviera DVD Video 4 10-17-2003 11:57 AM

Advertisments