Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Star Trek V in 6.1

Star Trek V in 6.1

Bill Binder

Most of the reviews of Trek V on DVD mention the new anamorphic transfer
and then mention the lack of any noticable difference in the 5.1 track.
I for one found it much more immersive, but my opinions aside, I was
surprised when I glanced at my receiver that it was tagged for THX-EX
and going out in 6.1!

Nice unadvertized (that I saw anyway) feature.

Bill

Frank

It's a hidden track - if you can isolate it, you can hear the ghost of GR
cursing Shatner for creating such a piece of crap. Then he goes on about
the horrible Voyager and Enterprise series.

"Bill Binder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Most of the reviews of Trek V on DVD mention the new anamorphic transfer
> and then mention the lack of any noticable difference in the 5.1 track.
> I for one found it much more immersive, but my opinions aside, I was
> surprised when I glanced at my receiver that it was tagged for THX-EX
> and going out in 6.1!
>
> Nice unadvertized (that I saw anyway) feature.
>
> Bill

Wade365

<< I for one found it much more immersive >>

OK... "immersed in Star Trek V"... ick.