Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > New TCM - same as the previous version?

New TCM - same as the previous version?

hal

Can anybody confirm that the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre DVD released by
Pioneer this week is indeed the exact same disc they released a few years back?
I read the content info and it sounds the same. Pioneer made sure they used
the word NEW as many times as possible, which is very deceptive if this is the
same disc that has been out for years.

Thanks

Hal

Jeffman

Picked it up today for a friend since the old one is out of print.
I watched him load it up and....even the menus are the same as the
original one that I have.

What a rip!

Jeffman

Thomas Bell

Jeffman wrote:
> Picked it up today for a friend since the old one is out of print.
> I watched him load it up and....even the menus are the same as the
> original one that I have.
>
> What a rip!

How does it measure up to the nice special edition laserdisc?

T.B.

hal

In article <Xns941551975545jeffman316@24.50.78.38>,

>Picked it up today for a friend since the old one is out of print.
>I watched him load it up and....even the menus are the same as the
>original one that I have.
>
>What a rip!
>
>Jeffman

Thanks Jeffman, that is exactly what I thought was the case. It would have
been nice if they had at least made it anamorphic. I guess when a DVD cover
screams NEW about something we have to ask 'New as of when?'.

Hal