Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > how do i get video onto my computer?

how do i get video onto my computer?

rwright

I want to burn home movies onto DVD with MY DVD. Problem is I can't get
video onto my computer. I have heard of getting either a Firewire card and
cable or a PCI (?) card like WINTV.

any suggestions?

B.T.

> any suggestions?

Push Play.

Biz

First, what are you using as the source? Is it a DV camera, Hi-8,
etc....then you decide what you need and how to do it from there
"rwright" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:nDIib.157$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I want to burn home movies onto DVD with MY DVD. Problem is I can't get
> video onto my computer. I have heard of getting either a Firewire card

and
> cable or a PCI (?) card like WINTV.
>
> any suggestions?

Richard G Amirault

rwright <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: I want to burn home movies onto DVD with MY DVD. Problem is I can't get
: video onto my computer. I have heard of getting either a Firewire card and
: cable or a PCI (?) card like WINTV.

: any suggestions?

Try alt.desktop.video rather than here. (I think that's the group, sorry,
but I can't check without loosing this message)

Pug Fugley

What is your source?

If DV cam, get a firewire card.

If analog (old camcorder, VCR) get a video imput card.