Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Down With Love?

Down With Love?

H E Pennypacker

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:56:45 GMT, "Joshua Zyber"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Peter Briggs" <pete@DIESPAMDIE!cinescribe.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>news:1g2x6y2.ooipmi1qaxu9sN%pete@DIESPAMDIE!cines cribe.demon.co.uk...
>> (And, again, I loved Zelwegger in this...although it looked as if

>she'd
>> put on a couple of pounds since Chicago. Maybe the "Down With Love,
>> Stage 3, Chocolate Diet"? <g>)

>More likely the "They're paying me $20 million to put on weight for
>Bridget Jones 2" diet.

Would you rather spend 20 million on Julie Roberts? J. Lopez? Drew
Barrymore?

Tallulah Blanket

Joshua Zyber wrote:
> "Peter Briggs" <pete@DIESPAMDIE!cinescribe.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:1g2x6y2.ooipmi1qaxu9sN%pete@DIESPAMDIE!cinesc ribe.demon.co.uk...
>
>>(And, again, I loved Zelwegger in this...although it looked as if

> she'd
>
>>put on a couple of pounds since Chicago. Maybe the "Down With Love,
>>Stage 3, Chocolate Diet"? <g>)

> More likely the "They're paying me $20 million to put on weight for
> Bridget Jones 2" diet.

The girl looks like she needs a good feed. When she played Bridget
Jones she actually looks normal. In Chicago she looked like she
belonged in Ethiopia.

Peter Briggs

Joshua Zyber <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> More likely the "They're paying me $20 million to put on weight for
> Bridget Jones 2" diet.

Would that count as a "Compulsory Eating Disorder"?

Peter Briggs

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I often enjoy what you have to say about movies, I'm just surprised that
> I don't enjoy more of your choices. I would give examples but I
> wouldn't want to be a daredevil.

I respect your opinion!

The problem is, I'm getting more-and-more bored by the movies currently
being released. They seem to be more-and-more cookie cutter.

I'll assemble a list of what I've liked this year, and a list of what
I've loathed. (Spriinging immediately to mind in the latter category:
"Basic", which was a total pile of tosh.)

Peter Briggs

Tallulah Blanket <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The girl looks like she needs a good feed. When she played Bridget
> Jones she actually looks normal. In Chicago she looked like she
> belonged in Ethiopia.

Uh...what?

No offence, but at her thinnest, Rene (and I'm a fan, and find her very
attractive) still looks like a few more ounces off wouldn't hurt.

Justin

Peter Briggs wrote on [Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:41:11 +0100]:
> Tallulah Blanket <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> The girl looks like she needs a good feed. When she played Bridget
>> Jones she actually looks normal. In Chicago she looked like she
>> belonged in Ethiopia.

> Uh...what?
>
> No offence, but at her thinnest, Rene (and I'm a fan, and find her very
> attractive) still looks like a few more ounces off wouldn't hurt.

Uh what???

she was a stick in Chicago

Tallulah Blanket

Peter Briggs wrote:
> Tallulah Blanket <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>The girl looks like she needs a good feed. When she played Bridget
>>Jones she actually looks normal. In Chicago she looked like she
>>belonged in Ethiopia.

> Uh...what?
>
> No offence, but at her thinnest, Rene (and I'm a fan, and find her very
> attractive) still looks like a few more ounces off wouldn't hurt.

This is what's wrong with Hollywood. Give me someone with an actual
body, like Catherine Zeat Jones, than that squinting, twitching rexie.

Peter Briggs

Justin <(E-Mail Removed)2go.com> wrote:

]> Uh what???

> she was a stick in Chicago

Perhaps next to the enormous heifer of C.Z.J....?

Peter Briggs

Tallulah Blanket <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> This is what's wrong with Hollywood. Give me someone with an actual
> body, like Catherine Zeat Jones, than that squinting, twitching rexie.

Please.

Get a grip, Tals....

Joshua Zyber

"Peter Briggs" <pete@DIESPAMDIE!cinescribe.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:1g300kq.14iziiv8up4wN%pete@DIESPAMDIE!cinescr ibe.demon.co.uk...
> ]> Uh what???
> >
> > she was a stick in Chicago

> Perhaps next to the enormous heifer of C.Z.J....?

Zeta-Jones is a woman. Zelwegger has the body of a prepubescent boy. She
makes Lara Flynn Boyle look obese.

Not my thing, personally. I like curves.