Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: I AM THRU WITH DVD PLANET!!!!

Re: I AM THRU WITH DVD PLANET!!!!

J. Alfred Prufrock

My post was misleading and i am sorry for this
I spoke again later today with a supervisor at DVD PLANETand this is what I found out.
I wanted my order shipped PRIORITY MAIL thru the POST OFFICE
I paid $12.50 extra for next day shipping + $8.00 shipping charges as It was my daughter's birthday
and some of the DVD"s I ordered NO ONE had in stock.
The supervisor informed me that my order was shipped regular UPS and NOT POSTAL.
even tho I paid for Priority shipping.
The supervisor informed me that the Warehouse determines the shipping method and they will
always ship UPS over PRIORITY MAIL because UPS is cheaper even tho I paid $20.50 for postage
it cost the warehouse $4.95 to send this UPS so I am out $15.55 postage
I am 50 miles from the nearest UPS station so I am spending gas for a 100 mile round trip when I
am only 5 mins. away from my Post Office.
Since UPS requires a signature they will not leave it without a signature and I work during the day
and my neighbors work
DEEP DISCOUNT uses this same warehouse and that is why I quit using them
From now on I am going strictle with DVD PACIFIC!!!!

Henry Jaclounge

I am also through with DVD Planet. I pre-ordered Treasure of Sierra Madre
that was released on 9-30-03. I called them yesterday to see why I haven't
received it. They told me it shipped out yesterday (10-9-03!). I asked why
when it was pre-ordered? They said they were out of stock. I asked how
could that be when it was pre-ordered and they knew how many they were
going to need to ship. They said .....well.....er......the studio shipped
it late.

I actually wouldn't mind so much if a they would have sent me an email on
Sept. 30 telling me that they were sorry and it will not ship out for
another 10 days, AND b if they guy I talked to on the phone didn't have a
snotty, screw you attitude.

Sometimes I think this organization has absolutely no idea what customer
service means to customer retention and keeping a company successful in the
long run. Or, perhaps they just don't give a damn.

HJ

Biz

So you have it shipped to your work address, where you CAN sign for it....I
still don't understand why they arent refunding your shipping that you didnt
get but paid for?...Unless you were a total asshole to them, kinda like how
your posts make you come off...
"J. Alfred Prufrock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My post was misleading and i am sorry for this
> I spoke again later today with a supervisor at DVD PLANETand this is what

I found out.
> I wanted my order shipped PRIORITY MAIL thru the POST OFFICE
> I paid $12.50 extra for next day shipping + $8.00 shipping charges as It

was my daughter's birthday
> and some of the DVD"s I ordered NO ONE had in stock.
> The supervisor informed me that my order was shipped regular UPS and NOT

POSTAL.
> even tho I paid for Priority shipping.
> The supervisor informed me that the Warehouse determines the shipping

method and they will
> always ship UPS over PRIORITY MAIL because UPS is cheaper even tho I paid

$20.50 for postage
> it cost the warehouse $4.95 to send this UPS so I am out $15.55 postage
> I am 50 miles from the nearest UPS station so I am spending gas for a 100

mile round trip when I
> am only 5 mins. away from my Post Office.
> Since UPS requires a signature they will not leave it without a signature

and I work during the day
> and my neighbors work
> DEEP DISCOUNT uses this same warehouse and that is why I quit using them
> From now on I am going strictle with DVD PACIFIC!!!!

Ura Dippschitt

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

Why the **** should we believe you this time? You post this A MONTH AGO:

>> Just wondering if anyone is still using DVD planet
>> I truied calling and still cannot get thru
>> get disconnected after 15 min.

And then you ordered from them anyway. What is wrong with you!? You
bitched incessantly about how bad they were and then you ordered again!?
How the **** stupid can one person be?

Stan Brown

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> in
alt.video.dvd, J. Alfred Prufrock <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>The supervisor informed me that the Warehouse determines the shipping method and they will
>always ship UPS over PRIORITY MAIL because UPS is cheaper even tho I paid $20.50 for postage
>it cost the warehouse $4.95 to send this UPS so I am out $15.55 postage

While I think you are right to be annoyed at the poor service, you
are not "out the $15.55 postage". They are legally obligated to
refund you the difference (though you may have to remind them to do
it), and if you ask they may well remit all the shipping charges
since they admit they did not do what you paid them to do.

This is a perennial gripe with Deep Discount DVD (the same company):
pay for priority mail, still get DVDs by media mail.

http://OakRoadSystems.com

Frank Malczewski

Stan Brown <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)> in
> alt.video.dvd, J. Alfred Prufrock <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >The supervisor informed me that the Warehouse determines the shipping
> >method and they will always ship UPS over PRIORITY MAIL because UPS is
> >cheaper even tho I paid $20.50 for postage it cost the warehouse $4.95
> >to send this UPS so I am out $15.55 postage

> While I think you are right to be annoyed at the poor service, you
> are not "out the $15.55 postage". They are legally obligated to
> refund you the difference (though you may have to remind them to do
> it), and if you ask they may well remit all the shipping charges
> since they admit they did not do what you paid them to do.
>
> This is a perennial gripe with Deep Discount DVD (the same company):
> pay for priority mail, still get DVDs by media mail.

This is a perennial misunderstanding about DDD... (aside from the fact
that priority mail is no longer priority mail, but rather UPS)...

The first shipment is sent priority, the remaining shipments for out of
stock or preordered items are sent media mail. It's always been that
way.

Stan Brown

In article <1g2of7m.1oh01oo1kamss4N%(E-Mail Removed)> in
alt.video.dvd, Frank Malczewski <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>This is a perennial misunderstanding about DDD... (aside from the fact
>that priority mail is no longer priority mail, but rather UPS)...
>
>The first shipment is sent priority, the remaining shipments for out of
>stock or preordered items are sent media mail. It's always been that
>way.

Bzzt! Wrong, but thanks for playing.

My experience, not once but twice, was that Deep Discount DVD sent
my order in one shipment but by media mail when I had paid for
priority mail. The first time was two summers ago, and the second
was some months after that. Since then I no longer even order
priority mail.

http://OakRoadSystems.com

luminos

I simply always order free shipping, and have no expectations of receiving
anything in less than 10 days. If I have other requirements, I do not use
this company.

Frank Malczewski

Stan Brown <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article <1g2of7m.1oh01oo1kamss4N%(E-Mail Removed)> in
> alt.video.dvd, Frank Malczewski <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >This is a perennial misunderstanding about DDD... (aside from the fact
> >that priority mail is no longer priority mail, but rather UPS)...
> >
> >The first shipment is sent priority, the remaining shipments for out of
> >stock or preordered items are sent media mail. It's always been that
> >way.

> Bzzt! Wrong, but thanks for playing.
>
> My experience, not once but twice, was that Deep Discount DVD sent
> my order in one shipment but by media mail when I had paid for
> priority mail. The first time was two summers ago, and the second
> was some months after that. Since then I no longer even order
> priority mail.

bzzt! wrong yourself. read their shipping policy. sure **** happens,
but what I stated above was their policy, and was always what happened
the few times I did priority mail. now that they use UPS for "priority
shipping", there's no point, as media mail arrives just as quickly.

Stan Brown

In article <1g2qfbb.eolipp3iqmv4N%(E-Mail Removed)> in
alt.video.dvd, Frank Malczewski <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>bzzt! wrong yourself. read their shipping policy. sure **** happens,
>but what I stated above was their policy, and was always what happened
>the few times I did priority mail.

Good grief! You really are a thickie, aren't you.

You are talking about multiple shipments on one order; I was talking
about one shipment on one order. It certainly was not their stated
policy that if you pay for priority shipping and your whole order
comes in one shipment they'll just pocket your money and ship media
mail.

It wasn't their stated policy, but it's what they actually did.

http://OakRoadSystems.com