Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > ??? about Macrovision

??? about Macrovision

SpeedByrd PhD.

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:49:46 -0700, "luminos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"SpeedByrd PhD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 22:57:20 GMT, "BoB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>> >"Rick Pali" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news:veEib.98937$ko%(E-Mail Removed) ble.rogers.com...

>specific

>> >Of course Hollywood would have you believe what's in it's
>> >best interest, buy the same thing over and over, just keep the money

>coming,
>> >vbg.
>> >

>> next time you need a new car, just steal one. Why pay the automakers.

>What a silly idea.
>>
>> SpeedByrd Phd.

>Ok...
>
>Can I take car parts off of one car and put them on another (yes)?
>Can I re-engineer the engine and other features, extract them, and create a
>new car (yes)?
>Can I repaint the car (yes)?
>Can I change the engine so that it runs on vegetable oil instead of gas
>(yes)?
>Can I ship the car from one country to another, have it modified to work,
>and drive it (yes)?
>Can I study the design of the car, write a book about it, and teach others
>to reinvent it (yes)?
>
>So your point is?

So the point is, redesigning cars is not illegal. Cracking Macrovision is.
Cars and piracy don't really mix here. Now go away.

SpeedByrd PhD

luminos

> So the point is, redesigning cars is not illegal. Cracking Macrovision

is.
> Cars and piracy don't really mix here. Now go away.
>
> SpeedByrd PhD

Then why did you bring it up as an analogy? Idiot.

SpeedByrd PhD.

We're not talking about cars and their parts, now are we?

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:55:57 -0700, "luminos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>PS
>
>Before your limited mentality misinterprets this list, all of the car
>aspects below were for my use alone based on my original purchase.
>

>"luminos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:bmfron$nds$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "SpeedByrd PhD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> specific

>> coming,
>> > >

>> > next time you need a new car, just steal one. Why pay the automakers.

>> What a silly idea.
>> >
>> > SpeedByrd Phd.

>> Ok...
>>
>> Can I take car parts off of one car and put them on another (yes)?
>> Can I re-engineer the engine and other features, extract them, and create

>> new car (yes)?
>> Can I repaint the car (yes)?
>> Can I change the engine so that it runs on vegetable oil instead of gas
>> (yes)?
>> Can I ship the car from one country to another, have it modified to work,
>> and drive it (yes)?
>> Can I study the design of the car, write a book about it, and teach others
>> to reinvent it (yes)?
>>
>> So your point is?

SpeedByrd PhD

SpeedByrd PhD.

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:04:48 -0700, "luminos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> So the point is, redesigning cars is not illegal. Cracking Macrovision

>is.
>> Cars and piracy don't really mix here. Now go away.
>>
>> SpeedByrd PhD

>Then why did you bring it up as an analogy? Idiot.

Look Mac, you won't turn the tables on me. I suggest you pray about what you're doing and if Jesus says it's
ok, then it will be ok. Peace on you.

SpeedByrd PhD

Rick Pali

From: "SpeedByrd PhD." <(E-Mail Removed)>

> Look Mac, you won't turn the tables on me.

Of course not. You never say anything that has substance so it can't be
argued with. You've been given the DMCA citation disproving that it's
illegal to bypass Macrovision and you keep on yabbbering rather than
refuting it...because of course you can't. I'd like to see a citation
proving otherwise, but you won't give it...and you won't admit it. Man, I
won't even get into how the laws in different countries differ because
you're liable to have a coronary in addition to the mouth frothing.

You're not fooling anyone.

Rick.
-+---
http://www.alienshore.com/seeking/

GMAN

In article <(E-Mail Removed)2go.com>, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>BoB wrote on [Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:03:24 GMT]:
>> Look up "Fair Use"!
>> Since you are pretending to be an international expert on
>> copyright law, at least give the pretense of being educated.

>Look up DMCA
>
>It is against the law to bypass copy protection methods, whether or not
>it is to copy for your own use

Whch is exactly why congress is trying to remedy the bullshit Clinton rammed
down our throats (God thats sick once you think about it!!)

GMAN

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, SpeedByrd PhD. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 11:54:34 +0200, Frode
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>In this case, it does.

>>Another one with a bit of reading comprehension trouble, it seems. Copying
>>content you own onto another medium for your own use != piracy.
>>Giving/selling the resulting copy to someone else, does. Since the latter
>>is not the case here, neither do you have one. Apart from that broomhandle
>>sticking out your rear.

>At least it wasn't my daddy's cock. More than I can say for you. Thief.
>
> SpeedByrd PhD

Now you are officialy in the same group of the biggest dicks on usenet right
along side

Ken Pangborn
SaM Hong
Speedturd

GMAN

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, SpeedByrd PhD. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 02:42:17 GMT, "Rick Pali" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>"SpeedByrd PhD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> There is only ONE reason and maybe they'll get it through their thick

>>skulls.
>>
>>Damn straight. He bought it, and now wants to make a copy he can watch on
>>DVD. No problem with that.
>>
>>Rick.
>>-+---
>>(E-Mail Removed)
>>http://www.alienshore.com/seeking/
>>

>there is EVERY problem with it. but you think like he does, so further
> discussion is pointless
>
> SpeedByrd PhD

BTW, the buckeyes suck!!!!!

GMAN

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, SpeedByrd PhD. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Don't bet too much.

>>I knew it! Rabies.
>>
>>Rick.
>>-+---
>>(E-Mail Removed)
>>http://www.alienshore.com/seeking/
>>

>Don't bet much, 'cause you don't know much.
>
> SpeedByrd PhD

I know this much, you sure as hell could have done better than to attend Ohio
state for med school. What a pie hole of a school!!!

Steve(JazzHunter)

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 07:29:12 GMT,
(E-Mail Removed) (GMAN) wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)2go.com>, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>BoB wrote on [Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:03:24 GMT]:
>>> Look up "Fair Use"!
>>> Since you are pretending to be an international expert on
>>> copyright law, at least give the pretense of being educated.

>>Look up DMCA
>>
>>It is against the law to bypass copy protection methods, whether or not
>>it is to copy for your own use
>>

>Whch is exactly why congress is trying to remedy the bullshit Clinton rammed
>down our throats (God thats sick once you think about it!!)

You know, I'm just trying to imagine something. As I've said here
before, my Barco monitor breaks up when confronted with Macrovision
(or CopyGuard). I'm hauled into court because I'm using a Macrovision
box or TBC to remove the distorted sync from prerecorded VHS tapes and
DVD's, thus removing the studio-bought "copy" protection. I'm in
front of the judge, with the Macrovision box as Exhibit "A", the Barco
as Exhibit "B", the original price of the monitor ($15,000) as exhibit
"C" and my collection of some 400 Macrovison-protected tapes or DVD's
as Exhibit "D". The judge shows off my "illegal" Macrovision box ----
I start playing a couple of sample videos into the Barco, which breaks
up, rolls, tears to the right etc. on every title. I ask "I paid six,
seven thousand dollars for my movies, does that entitle me to watch
them?" The judge demurs. -- He suggests there's something wrong
with the monitor. -- "It's used by broadcasters for checking the
quality of production video" Uh-huhhh...... I place the Macrovision
box in line, and now all the videos play fine. "So judge, you're
going to charge me with the crime of watching my movies......?"

. Steve ..

New Photoshop CS Contains Macrovision Spyware Rick Digital Photography 411 01-20-2005 09:23 PM
Macrovision Right or Wrong? JethroUK© DVD Video 132 09-05-2003 11:24 AM
Re: Macrovision Spot DVD Video 1 09-01-2003 12:31 AM
Code Free macrovision free dvd player xwing Man DVD Video 0 08-22-2003 01:07 PM
REQ:Macrovision hack ALBA 109 BIG J DVD Video 0 08-16-2003 07:47 PM

Advertisments