Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > I AM THRU WITH DVDPLANET!!!!!!!

I AM THRU WITH DVDPLANET!!!!!!!

J. Alfred Prufrock

I placed an order with the NEW!! DVD Planet last Thursday
It was NOT SHIPPEd till Tuesday
I paid extra $12.50 for next day shipping and what happened!!!
THESE PEOPLE SHIPPED IT REGULAR MAIL!!!!!!!!
I am out the $12.50 I paid plus what they charged me
There shipping charge to UPS was only $4.95
YET they charged me $8.00 shipping PLUS the $12.50 FOR NEXT DAY
AND THEY WILL NOT REFUND MY SHIPPING !!!
DAMN THEM!!!!
NO MORE ORDERS

Goldfinger

"J. Alfred Prufrock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I placed an order with the NEW!! DVD Planet last Thursday
> It was NOT SHIPPEd till Tuesday
> I paid extra $12.50 for next day shipping and what happened!!!
> THESE PEOPLE SHIPPED IT REGULAR MAIL!!!!!!!!
> I am out the $12.50 I paid plus what they charged me
> There shipping charge to UPS was only $4.95
> YET they charged me $8.00 shipping PLUS the $12.50 FOR NEXT DAY
> AND THEY WILL NOT REFUND MY SHIPPING !!!
> DAMN THEM!!!!
> NO MORE ORDERS

I often wonder why people would need their DVDs for next day. Couldn't you
wait a few days and use free shippers like amazon. If you discs are
shipped Friday, USPS and courier are about the same.

Wade365

<< I often wonder why people would need their DVDs for next day. Couldn't you
wait a few days and use free shippers like amazon. If you discs are
shipped Friday, USPS and courier are about the same. >>

I agree, I ALWAYS use the free shipping at amazon and it gets to me
right-quick... but what if this person was getting a last minute gift or
something? I almost had to do that about a month ago... it could happen...

Justin

Wade365 wrote on [10 Oct 2003 17:57:31 GMT]:
><< I often wonder why people would need their DVDs for next day. Couldn't you
> wait a few days and use free shippers like amazon. If you discs are
> shipped Friday, USPS and courier are about the same. >>
>
> I agree, I ALWAYS use the free shipping at amazon and it gets to me
> right-quick... but what if this person was getting a last minute gift or
> something? I almost had to do that about a month ago... it could happen...

Then you go to a brick and mortar store and pay retail

asahitoro@nospam.com

In article <(E-Mail Removed)2go.com>,
Justin <(E-Mail Removed)2go.com> wrote:

> Wade365 wrote on [10 Oct 2003 17:57:31 GMT]:
> ><< I often wonder why people would need their DVDs for next day. Couldn't
> >you
> > wait a few days and use free shippers like amazon. If you discs are
> > shipped Friday, USPS and courier are about the same. >>
> >
> > I agree, I ALWAYS use the free shipping at amazon and it gets to me
> > right-quick... but what if this person was getting a last minute gift or
> > something? I almost had to do that about a month ago... it could happen...

> Then you go to a brick and mortar store and pay retail

While I agree with you guys for the most part, that's all irrelevant.
The issue here is that he didn't get what he paid for. He should at
least get a refund *if* he was told(or saw on the website) that the item
was in stock and would ship when requested by the method requested.

Scott

Lucas Tam

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Wade365) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> but what if this person was getting a last minute gift or
> something? I almost had to do that about a month ago... it could
> happen...

Bricks and Motar...

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

Minder

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 19:04:37 GMT, Lucas Tam <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>> but what if this person was getting a last minute gift or
>> something? I almost had to do that about a month ago... it could
>> happen...

>Bricks and Motar...

Not where I live. Here, if Wal-Mart doesn't have it, you don't get it.
Online usually the only option I have. And there are a vast number of
small towns like mine in this country.

Mac Breck

"Minder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com...
> On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 19:04:37 GMT, Lucas Tam <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
> >
> >> but what if this person was getting a last minute gift or
> >> something? I almost had to do that about a month ago... it could
> >> happen...

> >Bricks and Motar...

> Not where I live. Here, if Wal-Mart doesn't have it, you don't get it.
> Online usually the only option I have. And there are a vast number of
> small towns like mine in this country.

Circuit City
Costco
Best Buy
Suncoast (but only if you absolutely have to get it immediately, because
they're almost always full MSRP.). Buy at Suncoast only when stuff's marked
down for a Sale.

--
Mac Breck (KoshN) - from the desktop PC
-------------------------------

Impmon

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:51:23 -0500, J. Alfred Prufrock <(E-Mail Removed)>
typed:

>I placed an order with the NEW!! DVD Planet last Thursday
>It was NOT SHIPPEd till Tuesday
>I paid extra $12.50 for next day shipping and what happened!!!
>THESE PEOPLE SHIPPED IT REGULAR MAIL!!!!!!!!
>I am out the $12.50 I paid plus what they charged me
>There shipping charge to UPS was only $4.95
>YET they charged me $8.00 shipping PLUS the $12.50 FOR NEXT DAY
>AND THEY WILL NOT REFUND MY SHIPPING !!!
> DAMN THEM!!!!
>NO MORE ORDERS

Was it paid with a CC? Call your company and have them put a stop
payment on the charge until DVD Planet coughs up the difference and
provide a sensible explaination why you were charged $12.50 for a
service *not* rendered.
--
space for rent.
To reply, change digi.mon to tds.net

Peter

You paid $12.50 for shipping ? Why not just go to your local Wal-mart
and buy the DVD's. Unless these were some how super-rare and hard to
find DVD's.
I never figured out the reason for online shopping when bricks and motar
is just as cheap, with out S&H costs.

With one exception I found. Chapters.ca has free S&H on books over $30,
and they also had 30% off on books over 30 dollars. So It was cheaper
for me to buy a hardcover from them then their store.

--
At the source of every error which is blamed on the
computer you will find at least two human errors,