Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > christmas story spec ed not sooo special after all

christmas story spec ed not sooo special after all

trog

In <(E-Mail Removed)> mazinz wrote:
> ok according to the imdb
>
> Aspect ratio
> 1.37 : 1 (negative ratio)
> 1.85 : 1 (intended ratio)
>
> so it was shot full screen to begin with but i suppose they wanted to
> matte it to 1:85, am i reading that correctly?

Yes, Bob Clark always intended it to be matted at 1.85:1, like most of
his shoots but if you are basing your film research on the IMDB you
might want to find another source as it's probably the worst resource
you can use to validate information. There are glowing errors
throughout.

Mark Spatny

Invid Fan,(E-Mail Removed) says...

> > surely you must appreciate it finally being available in an anamorphic
> > transfer? Unless you don't have a ws tv I guess.

> Exactly. That's a feature I won't find useful for a decade or so,
> unless my 5 year old set blows up

On the other hand, that's exactly enough reason for me to buy it. It
will look great on my widescreen TV.