Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Rental stores in so cal area for hard to find titles

Rental stores in so cal area for hard to find titles

Steve

Hi,

After perusing several online rental sites I'm unable to find for rent some
older award winning movies (King of Jazz, Disraeli, The Divorcee, etc). I
live midway between Los Angeles and San Diego and have no problem with
driving an hour or two once a week to a rental shop that might carry these
older titles. Can anybody recommend such a place?

Thanks, Steve.

Dgates

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:55:10 -0700, "Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>After perusing several online rental sites I'm unable to find for rent some
>older award winning movies (King of Jazz, Disraeli, The Divorcee, etc). I
>live midway between Los Angeles and San Diego and have no problem with
>driving an hour or two once a week to a rental shop that might carry these
>older titles. Can anybody recommend such a place?
>
>Thanks, Steve.

The usual places listed for finding obscure videos in Los Angeles can
be found at this URL:

http://losangeles.citysearch.com/best/results/7857/

1 Vidiots
302 Pico Blvd, Santa Monica, CA
Looking for independent movies on the Westside? Be a Vidiot.

2 Videoactive
2522 Hyperion Ave, Los Angeles, CA
Find a huge selection of offbeat titles at this tiny tape emporium.

3 Mondo Video A-go-go
4328 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA
Part video rental store and part community center for the damned--a
must-see for any practicing deviant.

4 Rocket Video
726 N LA Brea Ave, Los Angeles, CA
Launch your passion for foreign film at this inviting and
unpretentious art-house video store.

5 Cinefile Video
11280 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
Indie video rental shop showcases the best in orangutang comedies,
cautionary cult classics and other obscure flicks.

Here are a couple other similar URLs (found by doing a Google search
for "vidiots go-go eddie brandt cinefile" without the quotes)):

http://www.debbiesbook.com/catalog/V/B1429.html

http://www.brendarees.com/sampleclips/videostores.htm

(These both have phone numbers for the stores)

Nicholas Andrade

Steve wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After perusing several online rental sites I'm unable to find for rent some
> older award winning movies (King of Jazz, Disraeli, The Divorcee, etc). I
> live midway between Los Angeles and San Diego and have no problem with
> driving an hour or two once a week to a rental shop that might carry these
> older titles. Can anybody recommend such a place?
>
> Thanks, Steve.

In SD, there is an independent video place called Blowout Video off of
Rosecrans in SD. From 5 South, take the I8/Rosecrans exit and stay
right. This will put you on Rosecrans, now go strait (you'll pass a
couple strip clubs, In'N'Out & Del Taco, and a couple lights)until
Midway street and it will be on your right. They got some good deals
for sale as well as rent.

Adios,
~Nick