Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Star Trek V: collector ed DVD out already?!?

Star Trek V: collector ed DVD out already?!?

Impmon

Today at Walmart I spotted a copy of Star Trek V for $18.88 and took it.
I was under the impression it wasn't due out for another week? I
checked Amazon.com and it reported the movie's not out until 14th of
October (next Tuesday)

I have scanned in front and back cover for you to look at. It will be
taken down next week.
http://personalpages.tds.net/~wilykat/stv_ce_frnt.jpg (front)
http://personalpages.tds.net/~wilykat/stv_ce_back.jpg (back)

Did Walmart screw up something or was the release date pushed up a
little earlier? If it was Walmart's mistake and you want the movie, you
may still be able to get it at Walmart in Lapeer, MI (about 25 minutes
East from Flint, exit 155 from I-69)

(ps when will ST VI be out?)
--
space for rent.
To reply, change digi.mon to tds.net

Brian

Star Trek VI and Generations will have "Directors Editions" in early 2004.

"Impmon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Today at Walmart I spotted a copy of Star Trek V for $18.88 and took it.
> I was under the impression it wasn't due out for another week? I
> checked Amazon.com and it reported the movie's not out until 14th of
> October (next Tuesday)
>
> I have scanned in front and back cover for you to look at. It will be
> taken down next week.
> http://personalpages.tds.net/~wilykat/stv_ce_frnt.jpg (front)
> http://personalpages.tds.net/~wilykat/stv_ce_back.jpg (back)
>
> Did Walmart screw up something or was the release date pushed up a
> little earlier? If it was Walmart's mistake and you want the movie, you
> may still be able to get it at Walmart in Lapeer, MI (about 25 minutes
> East from Flint, exit 155 from I-69)
>
> (ps when will ST VI be out?)
> --
> space for rent.
> To reply, change digi.mon to tds.net

Wade365

<< Star Trek VI and Generations will have "Directors Editions" in early 2004.

Just remember: Buy the EVEN NUMBERED sequels only.

: )

I liked No.6, I especially remember going "Oooooo!" when those Klingons were
shot up in zero-gravity and the purplish blood was floating around... because
of this thread I sat through No.5 last night and it's just so lame... what is
it about the series curse? Or was it just that it was Shatner's turn to direct?

.... and what DOES God need with a spaceship, anyway?

: )

Impmon

On 09 Oct 2003 19:11:38 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Wade365) typed:

>Just remember: Buy the EVEN NUMBERED sequels only.

Even if just for the second disc? I never planned on watching the movie
itself anyway-- it has to be nthe worst of all ST movies. Beside I
don't want a hole on my shelf between ST4 and ST6.
--
space for rent.
To reply, change digi.mon to tds.net

Brian \Demolition Man\ Little

In news(E-Mail Removed),
Impmon <(E-Mail Removed)> said in a panic:
> On 09 Oct 2003 19:11:38 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Wade365) typed:
>
>> Just remember: Buy the EVEN NUMBERED sequels only.

> Even if just for the second disc? I never planned on watching the
> movie itself anyway-- it has to be nthe worst of all ST movies.
> Beside I don't want a hole on my shelf between ST4 and ST6.

ST5 is kinda like "Space Quest 5" to me... it never happened.

(For those who don't get what I just said, there was this sci-fi spoof
game series called "Space Quest" done by Sierra Online. Anyways, as
a joke in the 6th.. err.. 5th... game, they make it "Space Quest 6" and
said that in some point in the game that "we lost the master disks for
Space Quest 5.")

--
Brian "Demolition Man" Little

LASERandDVDfan

>... and what DOES God need with a spaceship, anyway?
>
>: )

"ZZAAPP!!" - Reinhart

TSKO

I am going to go where no man has gone before......to allow a hole between 4
and 6..........I cant just get up the nerve to buy it....total waste of
money for me....so alas....I am going to let it go...

"Impmon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 09 Oct 2003 19:11:38 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Wade365) typed:
>
> >Just remember: Buy the EVEN NUMBERED sequels only.

> Even if just for the second disc? I never planned on watching the movie
> itself anyway-- it has to be nthe worst of all ST movies. Beside I
> don't want a hole on my shelf between ST4 and ST6.
> --
> space for rent.
> To reply, change digi.mon to tds.net

Impmon

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 22:43:39 -0500, "Brian \"Demolition Man\" Little"
<(E-Mail Removed)> typed:

>ST5 is kinda like "Space Quest 5" to me... it never happened.

Too bad it can't be said for Battlestar Galactica 1980.
--
space for rent.
To reply, change digi.mon to tds.net

jayembee

(E-Mail Removed) (Wade365) wrote:

> Just remember: Buy the EVEN NUMBERED sequels only.

If I do that, I'll end up owning a sequel I don't like (IV)
and not owning a sequel I *do* like (INSURRECTION).

-- jayembee

Vincent J. Murphy

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 19:28:49 -0400, Impmon <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled:
> On 09 Oct 2003 19:11:38 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Wade365) typed:
>
>>Just remember: Buy the EVEN NUMBERED sequels only.

> Even if just for the second disc? I never planned on watching the movie
> itself anyway-- it has to be nthe worst of all ST movies. Beside I

After careful thought, I've put Nemesis on the bottom of ST movies:
to me, it is definitely the worst. By far.

Baby-talk Data vs. Kirk beating up God. Hmmm. I'll take the
latter, thank you.

VJM