Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Whos Buying Lion King Tuesday?

Whos Buying Lion King Tuesday?

Doonie

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 15:06:39 GMT, Joshua Zyber wrote:

>Doonie wrote:
>
>> >.. one of my ultimate crown jewels in my DVD collection alongside
>> >.. "2001: A Space Odyssey" ..

>> Can't wait for a real Special Edition of this to come out .. extras
>> including deleted scenes ..

>You won't ever get deleted scenes. Kubrick burned all of the extra
>footage because he didn't want anyone to see it.

Oh well.

--
www.cloakanddagger.ca

Brian \Demolition Man\ Little

In news:36eib.36628$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net,
Joshua Zyber <(E-Mail Removed)> said in a panic:
> You won't ever get deleted scenes. Kubrick burned all of the extra
> footage because he didn't want anyone to see it.

Any bets that the deleted stuff is much like that so-called never done
"Hey You" part from Roger Wa.. I mean, Pink Floyd's "The Wall"
film? Funny tho... that sequence for many years said never exsisted,
yet guess what turns up on the DVD as an extra....

--
Brian "Demolition Man" Little

SpeedByrd PhD.

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 20:52:55 -0500, "Brian \"Demolition Man\" Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In news:36eib.36628$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net,
>Joshua Zyber <(E-Mail Removed)> said in a panic:
>> You won't ever get deleted scenes. Kubrick burned all of the extra
>> footage because he didn't want anyone to see it.

>Any bets that the deleted stuff is much like that so-called never done
>"Hey You" part from Roger Wa.. I mean, Pink Floyd's "The Wall"
>film? Funny tho... that sequence for many years said never exsisted,
>yet guess what turns up on the DVD as an extra....

Who said that 'Hey You' had been destroyed?

I caught your inuendo there, that Roger Waters WAS Pink Floyd.
Interesting this came up, as I watched 'The Wall' last night and also listened to Waters' 2 CD "In The Flesh"
performance. What a fantastic accomplishment. The man was an ass, but he was a musical genious.

SpeedByrd PhD