Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Holders for dvd discs

Holders for dvd discs

nan

I just got a Panasonic DMR-E50 and ordered 100 blank DVD-R discs on
ebay for $130. What I got was JUST the discs, nothing to put them in.
Can someone recomend a cheap online source for individual holders.
The prices at the retail places here (Staples, etc.) are outrageous.

Oldguy

You might take a look at http://shop4tech.com/. I just bought 100 DVD cases
for $35.00 (free shipping).

Be careful on Meritline. I initially bought 100 cases for $25.00 but found
out shipping was an additional $18.00, plus tax. I cancelled that order in a
hurry!

"nan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I just got a Panasonic DMR-E50 and ordered 100 blank DVD-R discs on
> ebay for $130. What I got was JUST the discs, nothing to put them in.
> Can someone recomend a cheap online source for individual holders.
> The prices at the retail places here (Staples, etc.) are outrageous.

Dick Sidbury

nan wrote:
> I just got a Panasonic DMR-E50 and ordered 100 blank DVD-R discs on
> ebay for $130. What I got was JUST the discs, nothing to put them in.
> Can someone recomend a cheap online source for individual holders.
> The prices at the retail places here (Staples, etc.) are outrageous.

I bought a box of 100 thin CD jewel boxes from Sam's club for 15
dollars. The trouble with buying online is that shipping often doubles
the price.

dick

Skid

My local Sam's Club has Memorex slim jewel cases, 100 for $12. Five colors
help in sorting, and they take up less shelf space than standard CD cases.
Cheapest I've seen them online is $15. Staples sells their house brand for
$20.

"nan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I just got a Panasonic DMR-E50 and ordered 100 blank DVD-R discs on
> ebay for $130. What I got was JUST the discs, nothing to put them in.
> Can someone recomend a cheap online source for individual holders.
> The prices at the retail places here (Staples, etc.) are outrageous.

Darrel Christenson

Skid wrote:

> and they take up less shelf space than standard CD cases.

Except you can't put a readable label on the spine so when
to get to 3 to 4 entire book cases worth you can't find a
single thing.

Darrel

Skid

"Darrel Christenson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Skid wrote:
>
> > and they take up less shelf space than standard CD cases.

> Except you can't put a readable label on the spine so when
> to get to 3 to 4 entire book cases worth you can't find a
> single thing.

True, but I put a title label on the flat portion of the cover that can be
read without taking the disc from the rack because you can read through the
clear back of the one beside it (hard to explain but it works ;>) plus a
label on each disc that shows through the clear cover, and a printed
synopsis of length, plot, director and actors on the back to job my memory
when the title isn't enough.

The colors can help, too. Red for foreign, gold for classics, blue for,
well, blue movies. With only five colors you have to use some broad
categories, but shelves and alphabetical order provide additional clues.

No Dewey Decimal System or bar codes yet, but the case is starting to get
full ...

Darrel Christenson

Skid wrote:

> No Dewey Decimal System or bar codes yet, but the case is starting to get
> full ...

True enough as well, but since I have all the walls in an
entire room dedicated to shelving for books and DVDs so far
I'm okay with the standard cases to which I can afix a spine
label.

Darrel

Adrian S. Kuiper

"Oldguy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You might take a look at http://shop4tech.com/. I just bought 100 DVD

cases
> for $35.00 (free shipping).

Are these the plastic "snap" cases or the better
cases?

Adrian

Oldguy

Plastic snap.