Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Help: How to disable camera icon with Harmon-Kardon DVD 101?

Help: How to disable camera icon with Harmon-Kardon DVD 101?

Brian Davis

Hi,

Does anyone know how to disable the "camera" icon that displays at the
beginning and during the middle of some DVDs when using the Harmon Kardon
DVD 101? The icon appears in the upper left corner for roughly 3-4 seconds.
I just want to watch the movie, and would prefer the icon not display at
all. There seems to be no way of turning this "feature" off.

Thanks,
Brian

Capn Queeg

On my Pioneer this indicates the disc has the "multple-angle" feature
enabled and the particular scene has this feature. It can be turned off in
one of the setup menus.

Look in your user manual for info on this feature.

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 01:36:47 -0500, "Brian Davis"
<brian_at_ftpserverapi-dot-com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Does anyone know how to disable the "camera" icon that displays at the
>beginning and during the middle of some DVDs when using the Harmon Kardon
>DVD 101? The icon appears in the upper left corner for roughly 3-4 seconds.
>I just want to watch the movie, and would prefer the icon not display at
>all. There seems to be no way of turning this "feature" off.
>
>Thanks,
>Brian

Brian Davis

> Look in your user manual for info on this feature.

That's the problem. There doesn't seem to *be* an option to turn it off.
I've looked through every available on-screen menu that I can find. I've
downloaded the owners manual and performed as many searches that I could
think of. Nothing. Zilch. No way to get rid of the thing (that I can
find.)

Thanks for the response.

Brian.

Jay G

"Brian Davis" <brian_at_ftpserverapi-dot-com> wrote ...
> > Look in your user manual for info on this feature.

> That's the problem. There doesn't seem to *be* an option to turn it off.
> I've looked through every available on-screen menu that I can find. I've
> downloaded the owners manual and performed as many searches that I could
> think of. Nothing. Zilch. No way to get rid of the thing (that I can
> find.)

Maybe you can mention the brand and model of your DVD player,
so that people can better respond.

-Jay

Steve Knoblock

"Brian Davis" <brian_at_ftpserverapi-dot-com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Look in your user manual for info on this feature.

> That's the problem. There doesn't seem to *be* an option to turn it off.

When this happens on my player (not an HK) I press the OSD button and it
goes away.

Steve

Brian Davis

> Maybe you can mention the brand and model of your DVD player,
> so that people can better respond.

Hmmm, I did. Maybe the original post got messed up somehow.

--- from my original posting ---

.... how to disable the "camera" icon ... using the Harmon Kardon DVD 101?
The icon appears in the upper left corner for roughly 3-4 seconds. ...
There seems to be no way of turning this "feature" off.

Skid

"Jay G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Maybe you can mention the brand and model of your DVD player,
> so that people can better respond.
>
> -Jay

Read the subject line on this thread. I'll avert my eyes while you blush ;>)

Brian Davis

And perhaps if I spelled it correctly, it would help.

That's Harman Kardon DVD 101. oops.

"Brian Davis" <brian_at_ftpserverapi-dot-com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Maybe you can mention the brand and model of your DVD player,
> > so that people can better respond.

> Hmmm, I did. Maybe the original post got messed up somehow.
>
> --- from my original posting ---
>
> ... how to disable the "camera" icon ... using the Harmon Kardon DVD 101?
> The icon appears in the upper left corner for roughly 3-4 seconds. ...
> There seems to be no way of turning this "feature" off.

Brian Davis

Geez, even I forgot about that. LOL

"Skid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news4Zfb.502080$cF.177444@rwcrnsc53...

> Read the subject line on this thread. I'll avert my eyes while you blush

;>)

John Howells

"Jay G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> Maybe you can mention the brand and model of your DVD player,
> so that people can better respond.

As title??

John Howells