Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > FA: Duel Region 1 DVD OOP 9 Hours left!

FA: Duel Region 1 DVD OOP 9 Hours left!

Clare Quilty

Spielberg's Duel is now no longer listed on Amazon.com or the major DVD
retailers.

I have two copies left, auctioning on the following URLs:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?L2CF23716
http://makeashorterlink.com/?L20063816

These are eBay links, shortened so they don't get chopped in half and you
get lost en route

9 HOURS TO GO!

Best of luck!

Tony

--
N. B. To reply to me, remove a word in my email address after the at symbol,
to leave the name of a popular MS-owned web mail service!

Master Bird

Luck? Why would I want to be lucky and get a DVD that has problems with it. Why do you think it was
recalled? It will be reissued next year.

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 10:25:08 +0100, "Clare Quilty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Spielberg's Duel is now no longer listed on Amazon.com or the major DVD
>retailers.
>
>I have two copies left, auctioning on the following URLs:
>
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?L2CF23716
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?L20063816
>
>These are eBay links, shortened so they don't get chopped in half and you
>get lost en route
>
>9 HOURS TO GO!
>
>Best of luck!
>
>Tony

Doc Speedbyrd

Clare Quilty

Well the information I have is a problem regarding licensing, but if you
would like to back up what you say with some fact, then feel free.
--
N. B. To reply to me, remove a word in my email address after the at symbol,
to leave the name of a popular MS-owned web mail service!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >Spielberg's Duel is now no longer listed on Amazon.com or the major DVD
> >retailers.
> >
> >I have two copies left, auctioning on the following URLs:
> >
> > http://makeashorterlink.com/?L2CF23716
> > http://makeashorterlink.com/?L20063816
> >
> >These are eBay links, shortened so they don't get chopped in half and you
> >get lost en route
> >
> >9 HOURS TO GO!
> >
> >Best of luck!
> >
> >Tony

> Doc Speedbyrd

Master Bird

If you had read the previous postings on this subject (not that I OWE you any backup!) It's said that the
video and audio were not in synch with each other. I haven't seen the disc but some folks wrote about this
here.

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 17:16:12 +0100, "Clare Quilty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Well the information I have is a problem regarding licensing, but if you
>would like to back up what you say with some fact, then feel free.

Doc Speedbyrd

ML-78

> Luck? Why would I want to be lucky and get a DVD that has problems with it.

What problems does the "Duel" DVD have?

ML-78

Master Bird

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 18:49:49 +0200, "ML-78" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Luck? Why would I want to be lucky and get a DVD that has problems with it.

>What problems does the "Duel" DVD have?
>

>ML-78

Some folks on here posted that the sound/video were not synched

Doc Speedbyrd

Jeffman

I have this DVD and it plays fine.

Jeffman

Carniv4

"Master Bird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> If you had read the previous postings on this subject (not that I OWE you

any backup!) It's said that the
> video and audio were not in synch with each other. I haven't seen the

disc but some folks wrote about this
> here.

Yes, some people did post about a synch problem, but that has NOT been
confirmed as the reason why the disc was pulled. It's definitely a
possibility as are countless other reasons such as clip issues and whatnot.
No one knows for sure outside of the Universal execs and probably Spielberg.

There were no synch problems with my copy - it looks and plays great. An
excellent disc. The few reviews of the disc I read at the time also made
no mention of any synch problem. I do recall some people posting here and
on another forum about the synch issue and maybe there is a player
compatibility issue. But there have been many discs that act up with
certain players, but most are not "recalled" because of this. All of this
is conjecture, though. There is no official word from Universal why it's
been yanked.

Mike McGee

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Master Bird
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Some folks on here posted that the sound/video were not synched
>
> Doc Speedbyrd

Not true. "Some folks" was one guy who posted something about the DTS
not being in sync after he had it on pause for ages.

Regardless, I have this disc, and it's fine. There are no audio/video
sync issues at all. None.

Here's a link to the full review:
http://www.thedigitalreview.com/foru...=&threadid=244

I'm guessing that the recall has something to do with the standard 4:3
video release, as opposed to a dual (no pun intended) 4:3 and 16:9
release. The current disc has the European theatrical cut, yet it's in
4:3. This sounds to me like the issue, but it's just a guess.

--
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Mike McGee

Speeaddbird Phdd

Before you start contradicting what I said, perhaps you should KNOW why the disc was recalled. You say 'not
true', but then you say "I'm guessing..." There was more than 'one guy 'who posted a message about the
sound. So get your facts together before you run off at the yap!

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 09:22:47 GMT, Mike McGee <admin@_removenospam_thedigitalreview.com> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Master Bird
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Some folks on here posted that the sound/video were not synched
>>
>> Doc Speedbyrd

>Not true. "Some folks" was one guy who posted something about the DTS
>not being in sync after he had it on pause for ages.
>
>Regardless, I have this disc, and it's fine. There are no audio/video
>sync issues at all. None.
>
>Here's a link to the full review:
>http://www.thedigitalreview.com/foru...=&threadid=244
>
>I'm guessing that the recall has something to do with the standard 4:3
>video release, as opposed to a dual (no pun intended) 4:3 and 16:9
>release. The current disc has the European theatrical cut, yet it's in
>4:3. This sounds to me like the issue, but it's just a guess.

SpeadByrd PhD