Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Pioneer A04 / 104 rip speed fix?

Pioneer A04 / 104 rip speed fix?

No Spam

Is there a rip speed fix/patch for the Pioneer A04 / 104 drives to remove
the 2x cap? I thought these drives were supposed to rip at 6x?

Thanks.

email@address.com

In article <Z_Zeb.44597$Ms2.2484@fed1read03>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Is there a rip speed fix/patch for the Pioneer A04 / 104 drives to remove
> the 2x cap? I thought these drives were supposed to rip at 6x?
>
> Thanks.

I saw a "mandatory" upgrade on the pioneer web site I think may be
for this - its worth going to look as they have lots of upgrades and
some free software there

Zola@enter.net

No Spam wrote:

>Is there a rip speed fix/patch for the Pioneer A04 / 104 drives to remove
>the 2x cap? I thought these drives were supposed to rip at 6x?
>
>Thanks.

It will rip a pressed DVD at 6x. Recordable DVD media is limited to
2x. There's a good reason for this. They didn't do it just to annoy
you.

No Spam

Well, its not working then...

I am only able to rip a commercially pressed DVD video at 2x... any ideas?

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> No Spam wrote:
>
> >Is there a rip speed fix/patch for the Pioneer A04 / 104 drives to remove
> >the 2x cap? I thought these drives were supposed to rip at 6x?
> >
> >Thanks.
> >

> It will rip a pressed DVD at 6x. Recordable DVD media is limited to
> 2x. There's a good reason for this. They didn't do it just to annoy
> you.

BoB

That's how my P105 is, I leave it alone and use a sony dvd-rom to rip
newer dvd's, old dvd's I do with the P105.

"No Spam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Well, its not working then...
>
> I am only able to rip a commercially pressed DVD video at 2x... any ideas?
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > No Spam wrote:
> >
> > >Is there a rip speed fix/patch for the Pioneer A04 / 104 drives to

remove
> > >the 2x cap? I thought these drives were supposed to rip at 6x?
> > >
> > >Thanks.
> > >

> > It will rip a pressed DVD at 6x. Recordable DVD media is limited to
> > 2x. There's a good reason for this. They didn't do it just to annoy
> > you.

No Spam

For the 105/A05 there is a hack to get it to rip at 12x... I was looking for
something similar for the 104/A04... guess its only for the x05 series.

"BoB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:XIkfb.168139$(E-Mail Removed)...
> That's how my P105 is, I leave it alone and use a sony dvd-rom to rip
> newer dvd's, old dvd's I do with the P105.
>
> "No Spam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > Well, its not working then...
> >
> > I am only able to rip a commercially pressed DVD video at 2x... any

ideas?

> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> remove

> > > It will rip a pressed DVD at 6x. Recordable DVD media is limited to
> > > 2x. There's a good reason for this. They didn't do it just to annoy
> > > you.

Steve(JazzHunter)

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 14:01:53 -0700, "No Spam" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>For the 105/A05 there is a hack to get it to rip at 12x... I was looking for
>something similar for the 104/A04... guess its only for the x05 series.

"Ripping" a DVD is not a function that has anything to do with
recording. The A04 is also a regular, normal DVD player. It should
be able to rip at maybe 50% of its rated playback speed. I suspect
your ASPI layer is not optimal. Unless you have Nero or Adaptec ASPI
installed the player will only use the native XP or W2K interface,
which is very sloww, 2X max. Install Adaptec 1.7 and you should get
up to 5.5X ripping speeds.

.Steve .