Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVDPacific: My first order

DVDPacific: My first order

Evil

I gave up on DVDPlanet a while back and have been looking for an
online dvd store that was at least comparable in price, speed, and
service (of the OLD DVDPlanet).

I decided to try DVDPacific as there's been some positive word and the
prices seem very good.

I ordered 6 Ballet dvds on a wednesday. I was really happy b/c Amazon
discounts ballet dvds only about 10%, but these dvds were discounted
as much as 43% at DVDPacific. Amazon has free shipping and DVDPlanet
used to be flat shipping of $3.50, but DVDPacific shipping was about
$7. not bad.

I had accidentally chosen a dvd that i didn't really want and so i
emailed them and asked them to remove it. They responded by the next
day.

i really like that you can check your order online. it itemizes the
order and lists whether it has shipped or not.

Only 4 dvds were in stock while 1 was on order. I had specified GROUP
AS ONE for shipping so the 4 dvds were being held.

I decided that i wanted the 4 dvds now and so i emailed them and asked
them to ship the 4 and then ship the 1 later when it comes in. They
responded the next day and my dvds shipped on Fri. I rec'd them (in
AZ) by Tues.

So far, i'm very pleased with their customer service, their prices,
and the speed of their delivery. I hope that their business grows and
that they do well and that they can maintain this level of service,
b/c the lesson of DVDPlanet is that the online community will jump off
ship if your service declines.

Beau

That is excellent to hear!!

I was contemplating using them myself and after this review I will be for
sure.

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...