Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DEAD ZONE bonus Pilot DVD.

DEAD ZONE bonus Pilot DVD.

AAbrams0264

Has anyone sent for and received the bonus DVD that goes with the first season
set? I sent for mine some time ago, my check has been cashed, but I've haven't
received the disc. Thanks in advance for any info.

jayembee

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)ojunk (AAbrams0264) wrote:

> Has anyone sent for and received the bonus DVD that goes
> with the first season set?

Sent for, not received yet.

> I sent for mine some time ago, my check has been cashed,
> but I've haven't received the disc. Thanks in advance for
> any info.

It might help if you were more specific than "some time ago".
I sent my check on 8/28, and it cleared my bank on 9/15. The
general mail-in offer waiting period is "6-8 weeks", so I
figure I have another month to a month-and-a-half to go.

-- jayembee

AAbrams0264

<< It might help if you were more specific than "some time ago". >>
I sent my check in on 8/5 so I guess I should expect it shortly - Thanks for
your reply - Alan

Brandon Fisher

"AAbrams0264" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone sent for and received the bonus DVD that goes with the first

season
> set? I sent for mine some time ago, my check has been cashed, but I've

haven't
> received the disc. Thanks in advance for any info.

I got it about a month ago. I sent the check in the week it was released.

Writer R5

I hope to review it soon.

Mark
GENRE ONLINE.NET: The Web Resource For Home Video Entertainment & More
http://www.genreonline.net
Mark A. Rivera - Writer/Reviewer/Editor/Webmaster
(E-Mail Removed)

Vincent J. Murphy

On 02 Oct 2003 14:36:47 GMT, AAbrams0264 <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled:
> Has anyone sent for and received the bonus DVD that goes with the first season
> set? I sent for mine some time ago, my check has been cashed, but I've haven't
> received the disc. Thanks in advance for any info.

Would this be the same disk as the stand-alone pilot episode
disk released previously?

VJM

Jdamen

I just got mine and only ordered it a month ago. Officially the disc contains
the unaired pilot with commentary, deleted and alternate scenes and season two
promo spots. Really cool additional disc but damn, couldn't they have just
given it to us to start with?

jayembee

"Vincent J. Murphy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Would this be the same disk as the stand-alone pilot
> episode disk released previously?

No. What would be the point in making people go through hoops
to get a copy, if it was something they could simply get at
their local Best Buy?

-- jayembee

jayembee

(E-Mail Removed) (Jdamen) wrote:

> I just got mine and only ordered it a month ago. Officially
> the disc contains the unaired pilot with commentary, deleted
> and alternate scenes and season two promo spots. Really cool
> additional disc but damn, couldn't they have just given it
> to us to start with?

Yes, the could've, but they do it this way for marketing
reasons. First, it helps them gauge interest in this sort
of thing (or simply how much effort people are willing to
go through to get this sort of thing). Secondly, notice
that the card presented other offers such as other related
DVDs, and a soundtrack CD. They likely thought that they
could boost sales on those items by getting people to buy
those as long as they were sending in for the "free" bonus
DVD.

-- jayembee

Smaug69

"Vincent J. Murphy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> On 02 Oct 2003 14:36:47 GMT, AAbrams0264 <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled:
> > Has anyone sent for and received the bonus DVD that goes with the first season
> > set? I sent for mine some time ago, my check has been cashed, but I've haven't
> > received the disc. Thanks in advance for any info.

> Would this be the same disk as the stand-alone pilot episode
> disk released previously?

No. The standalone "pilot" that was released on DVD previously is not
the real pilot. It is the first two episodes of the series that aired-
Wheel of Fortune and What It Seems- combined into basically a feature
length film.

The bonus DVD is the unaired pilot for the series.

Smaug69