Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Substitute for DVD Xcopy

Substitute for DVD Xcopy

msbenn67

Are there any freeware or low-cost shareware substitutes for DVD XCopy?
I need something to shrink a DVD to a singleDVD and something to copy
a DVD in its original quality to two DVDs. I also want something that
actually works an doesn't take a week of tweaking and wasting DVDs to
get it to work.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Hmunster

"msbenn67" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are there any freeware or low-cost shareware substitutes for DVD XCopy?
> I need something to shrink a DVD to a singleDVD and something to copy
> a DVD in its original quality to two DVDs. I also want something that
> actually works an doesn't take a week of tweaking and wasting DVDs to
> get it to work.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mike

Check out DVDShrink for the compressing and removal of whatever parts you
don't want, and then burn it using CopyToDVD.

After downloading the programs, I was ripping and burning in 10 minutes.
Minimal (if any) tweaking involved. Check out www.dvdrhelp.com for
tutorials. There is a good one involving these two programs.

Hope this helps!
H. Munster

Tony soprano

"msbenn67" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are there any freeware or low-cost shareware substitutes for DVD XCopy?
> I need something to shrink a DVD to a singleDVD and something to copy
> a DVD in its original quality to two DVDs. I also want something that
> actually works an doesn't take a week of tweaking and wasting DVDs to
> get it to work.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mike

dvdshrink

T.
--
"Logout, that cookie **** makes me nervous!" - Tony Soprano

Zamir Juma

DVD Fab (www.dvdfab.com) is good for splitting a movie onto two discs.. I
think you'll also need DVD-Decrypter to first get the data on your hard
drive. And as was mentioned, DVDshrink is good for compressing.

"Tony soprano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "msbenn67" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Are there any freeware or low-cost shareware substitutes for DVD XCopy?
> > I need something to shrink a DVD to a singleDVD and something to copy
> > a DVD in its original quality to two DVDs. I also want something that
> > actually works an doesn't take a week of tweaking and wasting DVDs to
> > get it to work.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Mike
> >

> dvdshrink
>

> T.
> --
> "Logout, that cookie **** makes me nervous!" - Tony Soprano

dvd xcopy platinum LESLIE EVANS DVD Video 9 01-29-2012 06:03 AM
DVD Xcopy Gold patch needed Tigger DVD Video 4 06-28-2004 07:37 PM
DVD Xcopy Charlie DVD Video 3 02-10-2004 02:56 PM
dvd xcopy Charlie DVD Video 1 02-06-2004 12:39 PM
DVD Xcopy Xpress question about how it handles dvds. Jeffman DVD Video 3 09-02-2003 07:12 PM

Advertisments