Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Microcosmos DVD

Microcosmos DVD

Rob Pasco

From DVD File:

"Due for release on January 13th are: Unzipped, Torrents of Spring, The
Lovers on the Bridge, The Innocent, Talk of Angels, Strawberry &
Chocolate, Ridicule, Sonatine, Revenge of the Musketeers, Moondance, The
Little Twins, I've Heard the Mermaids Singing, Get Bruce!, Ciao
Professore! and Microcosmos."

Finally, Microcosmos makes it to DVD. 'Bout time.

Lothar

Finally? It's been available in Europe for ages. There was an excellent
edition with a bonus disc and DTS sound.

http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASI...65033839/sr=1-
2/ref=sr_1_2_2/171-7855707-0930653

Rob Pasco

I'm talking about Region 1 (the U.S.). Figures France would get a
souped up version. Wasn't the director French? Hopefully the Region 1
version will get some decent treatment.

Lothar wrote:
> Finally? It's been available in Europe for ages. There was an excellent
> edition with a bonus disc and DTS sound.
>
> http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASI...65033839/sr=1-
> 2/ref=sr_1_2_2/171-7855707-0930653

Eric

I too own the French DVD that I play in my Malata. But, as
for the US Reg 1 disc coming in January, I'll keep a wait-n-see
position on that one. Because, if the other documentary by the
same crew of people coming to DVD in November, "Winged
Migration" is any indication, it'll probably be missing the DTS
track found on the French release.

Winged Migration pre-order at Amazon:
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...1065190602/sr=
1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-8955153-0623112?v=glance&s=dvd>

news:AM3fb.19443$(E-Mail Removed) et...

Microcosmos Postponed Pat DVD Video 0 02-21-2004 09:57 PM
Microcosmos - English DVD Muzer Burton DVD Video 1 02-11-2004 10:46 PM
Microcosmos - What's the verdict? Marc Brown DVD Video 1 02-11-2004 04:52 PM