Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > FARGO Quiz.

FARGO Quiz.

Scot Gardner

Fargo fanatics will have no problem answering these basic questions
about the movie:

1. What was the name of the bar where Jerry met Carl Shwoalter and Gaear
Grimsrud?

2. What was the name of Jerry's son?

3. What brand of cars did Jerry sell?

4. How much money did GMAC finance officer Reilly Diefenbach loan Jerry
on his cars?

5. What were the names of the two people on the television show that
Jean Lundegaard was watching when Carl Shwoalter and Gaear Grimsrud
broke into her house?

6. What famous character was depicted in the statue beside the road on
the outskirts of Brainerd?

7. Besides fishing, what other hobby did Marge's husband Norm have?

8. What was the name of the officer who greeted Marge at the first crime
scene?

9. What was on the back of Scotty's bedroom door?

10. Where did Norm purchase the lunch that he brought to Marge at the
police station?

11. What was the name of the motel that Marge referred to as a trucker's
joint out on Interstate 35?

12. What was the name of the bar where Marge questioned the two girls
about Carl Shwoalter and Gaear Grimsrud?

13. In what hotel restaurant did Marge meet Mike Yanagita for lunch in
Minneapolis?

14. What was Shep Proudfoot's address?

15. Who was performing at the Carlton Celebrity Room where Carl took the
whore from the escort service?

16. What was Marg's maiden name?

17. What was the location of the cabin where Carl and Gaear took Mrs.
Lundegaard?

18. Who was the person that Marge talked with on the phone before she
left the hotel in Minneapolis?

19. Where was Jerry captured?

20. What was the denomination of the stamp that would feature Norm's
mallard painting?

21. How many people were murdered in the movie?

Phil7101

>Fargo fanatics will have no problem answering these basic questions
>about the movie:

Ooh OK I'm game, haven't seen it in a few months but here goes.

>1. What was the name of the bar where Jerry met Carl Shwoalter and Gaear
>Grimsrud?

The four of clubs? Something to do with clubs or cards, I know...

>2. What was the name of Jerry's son?

Scotty

>3. What brand of cars did Jerry sell?

Sierras

>4. How much money did GMAC finance officer Reilly Diefenbach loan Jerry
>on his cars?

$300,000

>5. What were the names of the two people on the television show that
>Jean Lundegaard was watching when Carl Shwoalter and Gaear Grimsrud
>broke into her house?

Damn now it's getting obscure

>6. What famous character was depicted in the statue beside the road on
>the outskirts of Brainerd?

Paul Bunyan

>7. Besides fishing, what other hobby did Marge's husband Norm have?

painting

>8. What was the name of the officer who greeted Marge at the first crime
>scene?

no idea

>9. What was on the back of Scotty's bedroom door?

It's a poster of some guy playing an accordion

>10. Where did Norm purchase the lunch that he brought to Marge at the
>police station?

Arbys

>11. What was the name of the motel that Marge referred to as a trucker's
>joint out on Interstate 35?

The Blue Ox

>12. What was the name of the bar where Marge questioned the two girls
>about Carl Shwoalter and Gaear Grimsrud?

dunno

>13. In what hotel restaurant did Marge meet Mike Yanagita for lunch in
>Minneapolis?

Bannigans or Hennigans, something like that

>14. What was Shep Proudfoot's address?

Oh jeez...I dunno

>15. Who was performing at the Carlton Celebrity Room where Carl took the
>whore from the escort service?

Jose Feliciano

>16. What was Marg's maiden name?

Olmstead

>17. What was the location of the cabin where Carl and Gaear took Mrs.
>Lundegaard?

over by Moose Lake

>18. Who was the person that Marge talked with on the phone before she
>left the hotel in Minneapolis?

err...a woman, old school friend

>19. Where was Jerry captured?

in a motel in Bismarck

>20. What was the denomination of the stamp that would feature Norm's
>mallard painting?

3 cents

>21. How many people were murdered in the movie?

Lessee...first up is the cop who pulls over Carl and Gaear (what kind of name
is that anyway), then Grimsrud kills the two passers-by, then later Carl kills
Jerry's dad, and the parking attendant, Gaear kills Carl and Jean. I count 7.

Ray Tracer

in article 20030930011440.533$(E-Mail Removed), Scot Gardner at
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) thus spake on 9/30/03 12:14 AM:

> Fargo fanatics will have no problem answering these basic questions
> about the movie:

[questions snipped]

Saayyyyyyyyyy....isn't this the quiz you need to complete for entry into a
giveaway of the Fargo disc?

Neal

Zimmy

"Phil7101" <(E-Mail Removed)6> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ooh OK I'm game, haven't seen it in a few months but here goes.
> >13. In what hotel restaurant did Marge meet Mike Yanagita for lunch in
> >Minneapolis?

> Bannigans or Hennigans, something like that

One of my favorite quotes...

Ummm, It's a Radisson, so , yeah, it's pretty good.

(Which I probably butchered).

Now something that always bothered me, who did Proudfoot vouch for?
He says he vouches for the Peter Stormare character but it seems like Steve
Buscemi is leading the caper (he is the one who talks to Jerry at the
beginning).

Phil7101

>Now something that always bothered me, who did Proudfoot vouch for?
>He says he vouches for the Peter Stormare character but it seems like Steve
>Buscemi is leading the caper (he is the one who talks to Jerry at the
>beginning).

Yeah this is something of a plot hole. Proudfoot says "I vouched for Grimsrud"
and when Jerry tells him about Carl, he says "Don't know him, don't vouch for
him". Yet later on in the movie when Proudfoot kicks Carl's ass, they know each
other's names, and Proudfoot seemed to know exactly where to find him. Unless
Proudfoot was lying to Jerry about knowing Carl...but then again he'll happily
associate with a near mute sociopath

Scot Gardner

"Scot Gardner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:20030930011440.533$(E-Mail Removed)...
"Phil7101" <(E-Mail Removed)6> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>Fargo fanatics will have no problem answering these basic questions
>about the movie:

<<Ooh OK I'm game, haven't seen it in a few months but here goes.>>

You did very well, considering that you haven't seen the movie in a
while. Here are the answers:

>1. What was the name of the bar where Jerry met Carl Shwoalter and
>Gaear Grimsrud?

<<The four of clubs? Something to do with clubs or cards, I know...>>

1. The King of Clubs.

>2. What was the name of Jerry's son?

<<Scotty>>

Correct.

>3. What brand of cars did Jerry sell?

Sierras

<<3. Oldsmobile.>>

>4. How much money did GMAC finance officer Reilly Diefenbach loan Jerry
>on his cars?

<<$300,000>>

Very close:

4. $320, 000.

>5. What were the names of the two people on the television show
>that Jean Lundegaard was watching when Carl Shwoalter and
>Gaear Grimsrud broke into her house?

<<Damn now it's getting obscure>>

5.Katie and Dale.

>6. What famous character was depicted in the statue beside the road
>on the outskirts of Brainerd?

<<Paul Bunyan>>

Correct.

>7. Besides fishing, what other hobby did Marge's husband Norm have?

<<painting>>

Correct.

>8. What was the name of the officer who greeted Marge at the first
>crime scene?

<<no idea>>

8. Lou.

>9. What was on the back of Scotty's bedroom door?

<<It's a poster of some guy playing an accordion>>

I'll give you full credit for this one:

9. An Accordion King poster.

>10. Where did Norm purchase the lunch that he brought to Marge
>at the police station?

<<Arbys>>

Correct.

>11. What was the name of the motel that Marge referred to as a
>trucker's joint out on Interstate 35?

<<The Blue Ox>>

Correct.

>12. What was the name of the bar where Marge questioned the two
>girls about Carl Shwoalter and Gaear Grimsrud?

<<dunno>>

12. Lakeside Club.

>13. In what hotel restaurant did Marge meet Mike Yanagita for
>lunch in Minneapolis?

<<Bannigans or Hennigans, something like that>>

13. The Radisson.

>14. What was Shep Proudfoot's address?

<<Oh jeez...I dunno>>

14. 1425 Freemont Terrace.

>15. Who was performing at the Carlton Celebrity Room where Carl
>took the whore from the escort service?

<<Jose Feliciano>>

Correct.

>16. What was Marg's maiden name?

<<Olmstead>>

Correct.

>17. What was the location of the cabin where Carl and Gaear took
>Mrs. Lundegaard?

<<over by Moose Lake>>

Correct.

>18. Who was the person that Marge talked with on the phone before
>she left the hotel in Minneapolis?

<<err...a woman, old school friend>>

Correct.

18. Valerie.

>19. Where was Jerry captured?

<<in a motel in Bismarck>>

Correct.

>20. What was the denomination of the stamp that would feature
>Norm's mallard painting?

<<3 cents>>

Correct.

>21. How many people were murdered in the movie?

<<Lessee...first up is the cop who pulls over Carl and Gaear (what kind
of name is that anyway), then Grimsrud kills the two passers-by, then
later Carl kills Jerry's dad, and the parking attendant, Gaear kills
Carl and Jean. I count 7.>>

Correct.

Scot Gardner

"Phil7101" <(E-Mail Removed)6> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>Now something that always bothered me, who did Proudfoot vouch
>for? He says he vouches for the Peter Stormare character but it seems
>like Steve Buscemi is leading the caper (he is the one who talks to
>Jerry at the beginning).

<<Yeah this is something of a plot hole. Proudfoot says "I vouched for
Grimsrud" and when Jerry tells him about Carl, he says "Don't know him,
don't vouch for him". Yet later on in the movie when Proudfoot kicks
Carl's ass, they know each other's names, and Proudfoot seemed to know
exactly where to find him. Unless Proudfoot was lying to Jerry about
knowing Carl...but then again he'll happily associate with a near mute
sociopath.>>

Yeah, and at The King of Clubs, Jerry is looking at Carl Shwoalter when
he says, "Shep vouched for you and all. I've got every confidence in you
fellows." Of course, he could have been using the collective "you" when
he was speaking to Carl.

The only other thing that I can think of is that it was Carl who made
the phone call from the Blue Ox to Shep. And that could have been when
they got aquatinted, but Shep still didn't "know" Carl and wouldn't
vouch for him. However, that still doesn't explain how Carl ended up in
Shep's apartment.

The call to Minneapolis from the lobby phone at the Blue Ox was what let
Marge directly to Jerry and allowed her to crack the case. She summed
this up during her last visit to Jerry's office:

"Because, see, the crime I'm investigating... the perpetrators were
driving a car with dealer plates and they called someone who works here.
So it'd be quite a coincidence if they weren't, you know, connected."

I was hoping that there would be some deleted scenes on the Special
Edition, but there don't appear to be any. Maybe some of the plot holes
will be filled in by the pop ups or in the commentaries.

Michael

And for the car: How would you describe the appearance of Carl Shwoalter?

"Scot Gardner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:20030930011440.533$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Fargo fanatics will have no problem answering these basic questions
> about the movie:
> <snippage>

Dunf

"Scot Gardner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:20030930011440.533$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Fargo fanatics will have no problem answering these basic questions
> about the movie:
>
> 1. What was the name of the bar where Jerry met Carl Shwoalter and Gaear
> Grimsrud?
>
> 2. What was the name of Jerry's son?

Scotty

> 3. What brand of cars did Jerry sell?

GM's

> 4. How much money did GMAC finance officer Reilly Diefenbach loan Jerry

$300K
> on his cars?
>
> 5. What were the names of the two people on the television show that
> Jean Lundegaard was watching when Carl Shwoalter and Gaear Grimsrud
> broke into her house?

Katty & Brian

> 6. What famous character was depicted in the statue beside the road on
> the outskirts of Brainerd?

Paul Bunyon

> 7. Besides fishing, what other hobby did Marge's husband Norm have?

Bird drawing

> 8. What was the name of the officer who greeted Marge at the first crime
> scene?

Lou

> 9. What was on the back of Scotty's bedroom door?

Polka King

> 10. Where did Norm purchase the lunch that he brought to Marge at the
> police station?

Arby's

> 11. What was the name of the motel that Marge referred to as a trucker's
> joint out on Interstate 35?

Lakeside Resort

> 12. What was the name of the bar where Marge questioned the two girls
> about Carl Shwoalter and Gaear Grimsrud?

Lakeside Resort

> 13. In what hotel restaurant did Marge meet Mike Yanagita for lunch in
> Minneapolis?

Raddison

****, I know this one..

> 15. Who was performing at the Carlton Celebrity Room where Carl took the
> whore from the escort service?

Jose Filiciano

> 16. What was Marg's maiden name?

Owenstead

> 17. What was the location of the cabin where Carl and Gaear took Mrs.
> Lundegaard?

Near Jerry's loudmouth..

> 18. Who was the person that Marge talked with on the phone before she
> left the hotel in Minneapolis?
>
> 19. Where was Jerry captured?

Ouside Bismark North Dakota

> 20. What was the denomination of the stamp that would feature Norm's
> mallard painting?

The 3 cent stamp

> 21. How many people were murdered in the movie?

4 + Jerry's wife who "shrieked and fell" (technically died on her own
really)

Dunf

news:3f7a3dfa$0$6529$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> And for the car: How would you describe the appearance of Carl Shwoalter?
>
> "Scot Gardner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:20030930011440.533$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Fargo fanatics will have no problem answering these basic questions
> > about the movie:
> > <snippage>

Here is some more questions:

1.What colour was the Sierra supposed to be based on the way Joel and Ethan
wrote the original script?

2.Which actress almost played Marge Gunderson on a TV version of Fargo?

3. Which towns were the two girls from that had sex with Carl and Gaer?

4. What does Marge call her police car?

5. What restaurant does Scotty meet his friends at?

6. Which leg & foot is the last ,(one could assume that) body part of the
late Carl Showalter that Gaer Grimsford passes through the wood chipper?

7. How much does the parking attendant want from Carl for "not parking"?

8. What song is playing in the background at the bar where Jerry meets Carl
and Gaer?

9. How much did Jerry's customer think he was supposed to pay for his Olds
Cutlass Sierra?

10. How much does Jerry knock off the price of the car?

11. What does it say on the liscense plate of the cop car that follows
Marge's car as she takes in her prisoner, Gaer Grimsford?

12. How does Jerry offer to deliver the GMAC serial number information to
GMAC for verification?

13. Is this a true story or not?