Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > REQ Song of the South

REQ Song of the South

Stuff

In Japan Song of the South was released on Laser Disk. Does anyone have this
converted to DVD or has an ISO copy that I can download? All other copies
I've seen are poor VHS quality, the Laser Disk is very close to DVD quality
and the Japanese version is NTSC. Thanks.

Steve(JazzHunter)

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:04:41 GMT, "Stuff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In Japan Song of the South was released on Laser Disk. Does anyone have this
>converted to DVD or has an ISO copy that I can download? All other copies
>I've seen are poor VHS quality, the Laser Disk is very close to DVD quality
>and the Japanese version is NTSC. Thanks.

Don't "Turn On" the copyright anal-bashers in this newsgroup. SOTS is
posted repeatedly in the movie groups. The best quality one is a
really poor DVD-r to SVCD direct from the Laser.

. Steve .

Mike Jackson

> >In Japan Song of the South was released on Laser Disk. Does anyone have
this
> >converted to DVD or has an ISO copy that I can download? All other copies
> >I've seen are poor VHS quality, the Laser Disk is very close to DVD

quality
> >and the Japanese version is NTSC. Thanks.
> >

> Don't "Turn On" the copyright anal-bashers in this newsgroup. SOTS is
> posted repeatedly in the movie groups. The best quality one is a
> really poor DVD-r to SVCD direct from the Laser.

Disney is intentionally withholding SOTS in the United States. I know
lawyers and extremely upstanding people would object, but it seems most
rational people would concede that if no sales are lost on "pirating" an
unavailable product and you're not in turn trying to make money off of it,
then it's no harm, no foul.

Ethics. It's what's for dinner.

Mike Jackson
Editor & Web Developer, DVD Verdict
www.dvdverdict.com

MR_ED_of_Course

in article http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), Steve(JazzHunter) at
(E-Mail Removed) wrote on 9/29/03 3:20 PM:

> On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:04:41 GMT, "Stuff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> In Japan Song of the South was released on Laser Disk. Does anyone have this
>> converted to DVD or has an ISO copy that I can download? All other copies
>> I've seen are poor VHS quality, the Laser Disk is very close to DVD quality
>> and the Japanese version is NTSC. Thanks.
>>

> Don't "Turn On" the copyright anal-bashers in this newsgroup. SOTS is
> posted repeatedly in the movie groups. The best quality one is a
> really poor DVD-r to SVCD direct from the Laser.
>
> . Steve .

I made a DVD copy directly from the Laserdisk, but the LD really isn't very
high quality to begin with. I won't be able to seed the copy for a while,
but expect to see a high(er) quality DVD transfer making the rounds.

Steve(JazzHunter)

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:20:21 -0700, "Mike Jackson"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> >In Japan Song of the South was released on Laser Disk. Does anyone have

>this
>> >converted to DVD or has an ISO copy that I can download? All other copies
>> >I've seen are poor VHS quality, the Laser Disk is very close to DVD

>quality
>> >and the Japanese version is NTSC. Thanks.
>> >

>> Don't "Turn On" the copyright anal-bashers in this newsgroup. SOTS is
>> posted repeatedly in the movie groups. The best quality one is a
>> really poor DVD-r to SVCD direct from the Laser.

>Disney is intentionally withholding SOTS in the United States. I know
>lawyers and extremely upstanding people would object, but it seems most
>rational people would concede that if no sales are lost on "pirating" an
>unavailable product and you're not in turn trying to make money off of it,
>then it's no harm, no foul.

Yes, I agree 100%. I wouldn't change anything you say. It's just the
three or four people with mental issues that haunt this newsgroup and
make it such an unpleasant place that will find something wrong with
that. That's why I gently suggested that Stuff should ask about SOTS
elsewhere, so the trap isn't baited again.. )

. Steve .

>Ethics. It's what's for dinner.
>
>Mike Jackson
>Editor & Web Developer, DVD Verdict
>www.dvdverdict.com

Doonie

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:53:21 -0400, Steve (JazzHunter) wrote:

>Yes, I agree 100%. I wouldn't change anything you say. It's just the
>three or four people with mental issues that haunt this newsgroup and
>make it such an unpleasant place that will find something wrong with
>that.

Bet those people never drive 1 km/h over the speed limit, eh?

Paul

I've had the Japanese LD since 1985 and recall it is a great view.
Unfortunately, my LD player has long ago gone bad and have found none to
replace it (or a way to fix it). As a result, I've not been able to see the
movie in 18 years. I have quite a few released-in-Japan-only LD's that are
suffering the same fate -- not been played in 18 years.

"Stuff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tf0eb.4918$(E-Mail Removed) .com...
> In Japan Song of the South was released on Laser Disk. Does anyone have

this
> converted to DVD or has an ISO copy that I can download? All other copies
> I've seen are poor VHS quality, the Laser Disk is very close to DVD

quality
> and the Japanese version is NTSC. Thanks.

Joshua Zyber

news:9qdeb.158767$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've had the Japanese LD since 1985 and recall it is a great view.
> Unfortunately, my LD player has long ago gone bad and have found none

> replace it (or a way to fix it).

If it's a Pioneer model, this service center might be able to help you.

www.laserdiscservice.com

Russell

As a youth, Song of the South was one of my favorites. I've been
wanting a copy for a long time. I had heard that the original
was available from Japan on LD, but was unable to locate it. I
also heard that Disney had made many cuts to it for *political
correctness* in the USA distribution.

Stuff wrote:

> In Japan Song of the South was released on Laser Disk. Does anyone have this
> converted to DVD or has an ISO copy that I can download? All other copies
> I've seen are poor VHS quality, the Laser Disk is very close to DVD quality
> and the Japanese version is NTSC. Thanks.

Steve(JazzHunter)

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 03:06:33 GMT, Doonie
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:53:21 -0400, Steve (JazzHunter) wrote:
>
>>Yes, I agree 100%. I wouldn't change anything you say. It's just the
>>three or four people with mental issues that haunt this newsgroup and
>>make it such an unpleasant place that will find something wrong with
>>that.

> Bet those people never drive 1 km/h over the speed limit, eh?

Why side with the wealthy corporations rather than develop a kinship
with fellow man? These few people must be unpleasant socially.

.Steve .

Song of the South: Latest Rumors. One-Shot Scot DVD Video 11 04-11-2005 12:34 AM
SONG OF THE SOUTH: Asinine Disney Censorship! One-Shot Scot DVD Video 25 12-10-2004 03:21 AM
Song Of The South Hillen120 DVD Video 6 05-31-2004 03:15 AM
Anyone interested in Disneys The Song of the South Glenn DVD Video 8 02-23-2004 07:40 AM
Song of the South: Film clips on Alice in Wonderland. Scot Gardner DVD Video 4 01-19-2004 01:54 PM

Advertisments