Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Bookmarks in Firefox

Bookmarks in Firefox

Mark Shernan

Where the heck is the bookmarks.html file in Firefox 1.0.7?
I did a search for bookmarks on my entire system and didn't find it.
Where did they stash that thing?

TIA

Leonidas Jones

Mark Shernan wrote:
> Where the heck is the bookmarks.html file in Firefox 1.0.7?
> I did a search for bookmarks on my entire system and didn't find it.
> Where did they stash that thing?
>
> TIA

It always helps troubleshooting to specify your OS, particularly since
TB does not give more information then "Windows" in the headers.

Generally, Windows makes the profile information hidden. You can fix
this, but it varies by OS as to how.

Your bookmarks are in a file called bookmarks.html in your profile folder:

Mozilla or Firefox (For Mozilla profiles look in the Profiles subfolder,
for Firefox, look in Firefox\Profiles)

WinXP, 2K:
C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Mozilla

Win ME, 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla

Lee