Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Scarface "AE" vs "Gift Set"?

Scarface "AE" vs "Gift Set"?

Richard Gordon

If the new "Anniversary Edition" ("AE") release of Scarface is a 2 DVD set -
and the new more expensive (about twice the cost) "Scarface Gift Set" (which
also includes the original 1932 version w/Paul Muni) is also just a 2 DVD
set - what does the less expensive "Anniversary Edition" have on it that's
missing from the "Gift Set"so that they could fit the 1932 version on the
"Gift Set" without going to a 3rd DVD...?

d a v e

"Richard Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Fnidb.6281$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> If the new "Anniversary Edition" ("AE") release of Scarface is a 2 DVD

set -
> and the new more expensive (about twice the cost) "Scarface Gift Set"

(which
> also includes the original 1932 version w/Paul Muni) is also just a 2 DVD
> set - what does the less expensive "Anniversary Edition" have on it that's
> missing from the "Gift Set"so that they could fit the 1932 version on the
> "Gift Set" without going to a 3rd DVD...?

if you scroll down here:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=320010
it looks like the 1932 version is it's own disc...

d a v e

Brockhurst Pertwee

I just got the big black box - the Hawks Scarface is indeed its own disc
in its own package. It's a handsome box but I haven't figured out where
to store it yet. Nice money clip.

Richard Gordon

"Brockhurst Pertwee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just got the big black box - the Hawks Scarface is indeed its own disc
> in its own package. It's a handsome box but I haven't figured out where
> to store it yet. Nice money clip.

Thanks for clarifying. So, the "Gift Box" set is really 3 discs afer all
(the 2 disc Anniversary Edition, plus a separate 1932 Scarface disc).
Strange that CDUniverse & Amazon both describe the "Gift Box" set and the
Anniversary Edition" as each being 2 disc sets...

If there are no tradeoffs, I guess I'll be buying that "Gift Box" set after
all...

Brockhurst Pertwee

No tradeoffs. When you open the box the 2 disc package of Scarface that
will be available separately is there, lying in a coffin-like
red-lining. That lifts up to reveal the lobby cards (well,
mini-lobbies) the money clip and the separate Hawks Scarface package.

Phil7101

>No tradeoffs. When you open the box the 2 disc package of Scarface that
>will be available separately is there, lying in a coffin-like
>red-lining. That lifts up to reveal the lobby cards (well,
>mini-lobbies) the money clip and the separate Hawks Scarface package.

So first you get the lobby cards...then you get the money clip...then you get
the women?

Scot Gardner

"Phil7101" <(E-Mail Removed)6> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>No tradeoffs. When you open the box the 2 disc package of Scarface
>that will be available separately is there, lying in a coffin-like
>red-lining. That lifts up to reveal the lobby cards (well,
>mini-lobbies) the money clip and the separate Hawks Scarface package.

<<So first you get the lobby cards...then you get the money clip...then
you get the women?>>

No, next comes the cocaine -- then the women.

Marty Feldman

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)I6 (Phil7101) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> >No tradeoffs. When you open the box the 2 disc package of Scarface that
> >will be available separately is there, lying in a coffin-like
> >red-lining. That lifts up to reveal the lobby cards (well,
> >mini-lobbies) the money clip and the separate Hawks Scarface package.

> So first you get the lobby cards...then you get the money clip...then you get
> the women?

yes, but you won't get the old, rabidly conservative, intellectual
jewish women until you do a rumsfeldian pentagon press conference.
however, if you offer a free "neocon girls gone wild" t-shirt, you may
get to see their boobs.

Scarface - widescreen version easily missed JWB DVD Video 28 10-09-2003 08:48 PM
Scarface: Universal screws up worse than ever. PseudoApparition DVD Video 18 10-01-2003 01:15 PM
Scarface Dunf DVD Video 10 09-29-2003 02:42 PM
New Releases: Scarface, Vicar Of Dibley: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists Doug MacLean DVD Video 0 07-19-2003 06:03 AM
Re: Scarface 1983 re-release? David Wills DVD Video 2 07-07-2003 03:58 PM

Advertisments