Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Newbie question regarding multiple DVD's of VHS tapes

Newbie question regarding multiple DVD's of VHS tapes

nan

I have a bunch of non-copyright home movies on VHS which I would like
to make multiple DVD's of, for family. Can I do this with just a DVD
recorder and a seperate DVD player or will I need additional
equipment?

Richard C.

"nan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
: I have a bunch of non-copyright home movies on VHS which I would like
: to make multiple DVD's of, for family. Can I do this with just a DVD
: recorder and a seperate DVD player or will I need additional
: equipment?

=================================
You should be able to do it with no problem.
Make sure the format you use is compatible with the recipients DVD player.

Joseph S. Powell, III

I would imagine you'd also need a VHS VCR to do this as well.........
(sorry, couldn't resist.....: )

"nan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have a bunch of non-copyright home movies on VHS which I would like
> to make multiple DVD's of, for family. Can I do this with just a DVD
> recorder and a seperate DVD player or will I need additional
> equipment?

Biz

All you need is the DVD recorder and a VCR, why would you need a seperate
DVD player for the project you described?
"nan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have a bunch of non-copyright home movies on VHS which I would like
> to make multiple DVD's of, for family. Can I do this with just a DVD
> recorder and a seperate DVD player or will I need additional
> equipment?

Jeeters

"Richard C." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f71a0f3$0$51807$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> "nan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> : I have a bunch of non-copyright home movies on VHS which I would like
> : to make multiple DVD's of, for family. Can I do this with just a DVD
> : recorder and a seperate DVD player or will I need additional
> : equipment?
>
> =================================
> You should be able to do it with no problem.
> Make sure the format you use is compatible with the recipients DVD player.

By 'format' he means DVD-R, DVD+R, etc. Some DVD players only handle one or
the other, sometimes both. Most common for older players is DVD-R.

VHS to DVD stand-alone boxes - how to record 6 hr VHS tapes ? - Bobb - DVD Video 16 01-04-2007 09:21 PM
Copying standard VHS tapes to DVD via computer =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?= Microsoft Certification 4 04-02-2006 02:19 PM
Copy VHS Tapes to DVD EFK DVD Video 1 01-02-2004 12:09 AM
Pioneer DVR-810H - convert VHS tapes to DVD? Dooner DVD Video 1 12-12-2003 02:42 PM
OT: How to take screenshots of VHS tapes... Chop Top DVD Video 0 10-01-2003 02:05 AM

Advertisments