Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Radeon 7000 video pink

Radeon 7000 video pink

Danny Deger

I have an older HP 600MHz running Windows XP, a Radeon 7000 card, and a
Mitsubishi DiamondPoint NX86LCD (flat panel) monitor. I have had this setup
running a stable for several months. Just today, I notice that when I play
back a video it looks kind of pink, noticeably pink. Still photos look
great, and the video looks good on my TV repeater. I tried several
different AVI and MPG files and three different playback software -- all
look pink.

I looked in control panel, but didn't see anything. Plus I am very sure
control panel wasn't open when the problem started.

Maybe I need to try the old delete drivers, install drivers trick

Any ideas.

Danny Deger

Not so quick

"Danny Deger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bkqscb$4s2g3$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> I have an older HP 600MHz running Windows XP, a Radeon 7000 card, and a
> Mitsubishi DiamondPoint NX86LCD (flat panel) monitor. I have had this

setup
> running a stable for several months. Just today, I notice that when I

play
> back a video it looks kind of pink, noticeably pink. Still photos look
> great, and the video looks good on my TV repeater. I tried several
> different AVI and MPG files and three different playback software -- all
> look pink.
>
> I looked in control panel, but didn't see anything. Plus I am very sure
> control panel wasn't open when the problem started.
>
> Maybe I need to try the old delete drivers, install drivers trick
>
> Any ideas.
>
> Danny Deger

Something to do with "overlay"? Do you have an
overlay setting in the advanced settings for your
card, accessed through right clicking on your desktop?