Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > backup dvds

backup dvds

Neilianos69

anyone know any websites/people that sell "backup" dvd's???

Matthew L. Martin

Neilianos69 wrote:

> anyone know any websites/people that sell "backup" dvd's???

<http://www.dvdpricesearch.com> will give you the lowest prices among
all of the etailers they list. All of them sell "backup" DVDs.

Matthew

--
<http://www.mlmartin.com/bbq/>

Thermodynamics For Dummies: You can't win.
You can't break even.
You can't get out of the game.

Richard C.

"Neilianos69" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: anyone know any websites/people that sell "backup" dvd's???

==============================
www.amazon.com sells thousands of them.........

buck

In article <(E-Mail Removed) m>,
> Neilianos69 wrote:
>
> > anyone know any websites/people that sell "backup" dvd's???

> <http://www.dvdpricesearch.com> will give you the lowest prices among
> all of the etailers they list. All of them sell "backup" DVDs.
>
> Matthew

Hey Mat!!

I get all MY "back-ups" at Wal-Mart on the day of release!!!! Usually
(if I include shipping in the calculation) I'm within a dollar of the e-
tailers selling backups..

My "backup" of "The Two Towers" was $11.88!

Pretty cheap for a "backup" of a movie that cost 60 GAZZILLION dollars
to produce.

Been meaning to ask you...do you actually buy "backup" disks, or do you
(like me) make children and strangers keep thier sticky ball scratchers
OFF the disks???

So far I have only purchased backups for 2 of the movies in my
collection (from the "used" bin for $5 at the local Mom&Pop rental
place).

Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct

Matthew L. Martin

buck wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) m>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>
>>Neilianos69 wrote:
>>

>>>anyone know any websites/people that sell "backup" dvd's???

>><http://www.dvdpricesearch.com> will give you the lowest prices among
>>all of the etailers they list. All of them sell "backup" DVDs.
>>
>>Matthew
>>

> Hey Mat!!
>
> I get all MY "back-ups" at Wal-Mart on the day of release!!!! Usually
> (if I include shipping in the calculation) I'm within a dollar of the e-
> tailers selling backups..
>
> My "backup" of "The Two Towers" was $11.88!
>
> Pretty cheap for a "backup" of a movie that cost 60 GAZZILLION dollars
> to produce.

Sure enough!

> Been meaning to ask you...do you actually buy "backup" disks, or do you
> (like me) make children and strangers keep thier sticky ball scratchers
> OFF the disks???

That's basically the way things happen here. If you can't handle a DVD
without damaging it, you'd better have enough money to replace it

> So far I have only purchased backups for 2 of the movies in my
> collection (from the "used" bin for $5 at the local Mom&Pop rental
> place).

My backups are usually re-issues.

Matthew

--
<http://www.mlmartin.com/bbq/>

Thermodynamics For Dummies: You can't win.
You can't break even.
You can't get out of the game.

buck

> > Been meaning to ask you...do you actually buy "backup" disks, or do you
> > (like me) make children and strangers keep thier sticky ball scratchers
> > OFF the disks???

> That's basically the way things happen here. If you can't handle a DVD
> without damaging it, you'd better have enough money to replace it
>
> > So far I have only purchased backups for 2 of the movies in my
> > collection (from the "used" bin for $5 at the local Mom&Pop rental
> > place).
> >

> My backups are usually re-issues.
>
> Matthew

This is NOT a new problem. I was a young father with a BIG collection of
12" vinyl (which is MORE easily damaged than a DvD) and later a large
collection of BETA, VHS, and U-matic tapes (including childrens titles).

It was understood that those things were MINE and could be
viewed/listened to on my terms only. Never caused a problem in my house.
Then again, I never allowed the VCR to be a baby sitter. Childrens
movies are supposed to be viewed WITH the children, not in a closed room
with the child/children unsupervised.

If its done this way, the children never need to handle the material.

Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.

Doc Speedbyrd

On 23 Sep 2003 13:16:47 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Neilianos69) wrote:

>anyone know any websites/people that sell "backup" dvd's???

nope!

Doc Speedbyrd