Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Die Another Day - image problem towards end of film.

Die Another Day - image problem towards end of film.

Larry L.

I'm curious if anybody else noticed a problem with the image towards the end
of "Die Another Day." Potential SPOILERS ahead: At the end of the film, as
the helicopter is about to crash and regains control, the image suddenly
seems to get slightly blurry and exhibits a sort of "double image." This
lasts up to the moment Bond shows up in Moneypenny's doorway. The first
close up of Bond still exhibits this problem, but then it cuts to Moneypenny
and when it cuts back to Bond, the image returns to normal.

The effect is particularly noticeable when you see what Moneypenny is
reading -- normally this text would be readable, but it is not due to this
"blurry" issue. It doesn't seem to be a system problem since it comes and
goes during this specific segment of the film and is totally repeatable.

This problem may not be visible on smaller screens. On a large screen HDTV
in 480P (Panasonic XP50 DVD player), however, it's pretty obvious. I
searched, but I could find no other reference to this issue. Has this been
reported? It was quite obvious to me, so it struck me as strange that
nobody else has mentioned it.

Thanks for any information on this,

Larry

Larry L.

This doesn't seem to be a field cadence issue since the still image of the
text shows the problem as well (i.e. a field cadence issue should not effect
a still image -- at least not in this manner.)

Thanks again for any feedback on this -- I'm just curious if this issue can
be seen on other systems.

Larry

news:mgUbb.8499$(E-Mail Removed)...

re: @Don postet euch den Film des Jahres " Die rache der Sith " in MVCD (028/110] - "Star Wars Episode 3 - Die Rache der Sith ( 1_2 MVCD ) ein @Don post.part28.rar" Marco Computer Support 0 05-22-2005 01:25 PM
Die IDE Die Lloyd Sheen ASP .Net 2 01-26-2004 04:59 AM
More Die IDE Die Lloyd Sheen ASP .Net 5 01-25-2004 02:34 PM
DVD Verdict reviews: DIE! DIE! MY DARLING!, LOOK! PLAYFUL PATTERNS AND SIMPLE SHAPES / GO! EXERCISE WITH THE TELETUBBIES, and more! DVD Verdict DVD Video 0 09-26-2003 09:02 AM
I want to be a hacker/nerd b4 I die. Ghost issues (now and after I die) O.Phooey Computer Support 4 07-05-2003 08:35 PM

Advertisments