Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Sopranos Season 5...when?

Sopranos Season 5...when?

anonymous

With Season 4 coming out on DVD soon (10/28/03)...when is HBO going to
announce the start of Season 5 episodes?

Hitman of Las Vegas

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 02:38:52 GMT, anonymous <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>With Season 4 coming out on DVD soon (10/28/03)...when is HBO going to
>announce the start of Season 5 episodes?

I think its going to be March 2004.

jayembee

anonymous <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>With Season 4 coming out on DVD soon (10/28/03)...when is HBO going to
>announce the start of Season 5 episodes?

I would guess after the episodes are in the can, and HBO is ready to
schedule them. Unlike most networks and series, I believe that HBO
wants all of the episodes of a given season to be complete before they
schedule it, to ensure that they can air them in a single block.

The latest word is that S5 is most likely going to air starting next
March.

-- jayembee

Dunf

"anonymous" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns93FDDC36BC3F8fakehotmailcom@204.127.204.17 ...
> With Season 4 coming out on DVD soon (10/28/03)...when is HBO going to
> announce the start of Season 5 episodes?

The producers of the Sopranos are well known for keeping us hard core fans
waiting as long as 14 months between new episodes. Isn't that nice of them.
By now, the kids are 30 years old and married. In the next season we find
out that AJ is gay, Meadow has eloped, Carmella is doing Furio while on
vacation in Italy, there is a hit contract put on Uncle Junior by none other
than Johnny Sack, Paulie ends up with a scathing STD to worry about,
Christopher ends up without Ariana, and, last but not least, Tony S becomes
a drunk and accidentally runs over a child on a bycicle. Art immitates life
in that story line. Hey, Mr. Chase, go ahead and use these ideas since I
gave you some that were used for season III.

mapi

"Dunf" <(E-Mail Removed)> babbled and
gurglednews:%7hdb.100808$(E-Mail Removed) s.net.cable.rogers.com:

> "anonymous" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns93FDDC36BC3F8fakehotmailcom@204.127.204.17 ...
>> With Season 4 coming out on DVD soon (10/28/03)...when is HBO going to
>> announce the start of Season 5 episodes?

> The producers of the Sopranos are well known for keeping us hard core
> fans waiting as long as 14 months between new episodes. Isn't that nice
> of them. By now, the kids are 30 years old and married. In the next
> season we find out that AJ is gay, Meadow has eloped, Carmella is doing
> Furio while on vacation in Italy, there is a hit contract put on Uncle
> Junior by none other than Johnny Sack, Paulie ends up with a scathing
> STD to worry about, Christopher ends up without Ariana, and, last but
> not least, Tony S becomes a drunk and accidentally runs over a child on
> a bycicle. Art immitates life in that story line. Hey, Mr. Chase, go
> ahead and use these ideas since I gave you some that were used for
> season III.

Sopanos? Who are they?

I have a vague recolection of some TV show...was it on Showtime?

Oh well, I seem to remember the last season sucked except for the head
removal stunt, but it was more of the same boring pc **** on and on and on.

"I could have been ah contendah!" I seem to hear in my head with Marlon
Brando yelling...and somehow it seques into an HBO logo and that opening
song....oh well.

I've lost interest.

I'll wait till someone posts them to watch them...**** signing up for HBO
just to see that....Wimbleton is just not worth getting HBO for...

-- mapi
Explanation of a Free Country:

Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet
to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.

Ray

what ****ed me off the most about that damn series is the 7296 different
story lines they left open and the friggin producers and writers hardly ever
even finished one before moving on to the next....

"mapi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9497C2AB88AD3anonfakemailcom@63.223.5.254. ..
> "Dunf" <(E-Mail Removed)> babbled and
> gurglednews:%7hdb.100808$(E-Mail Removed) s.net.cable.rogers.com:
>

> > "anonymous" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:Xns93FDDC36BC3F8fakehotmailcom@204.127.204.17 ...
> >> With Season 4 coming out on DVD soon (10/28/03)...when is HBO going to
> >> announce the start of Season 5 episodes?

> > The producers of the Sopranos are well known for keeping us hard core
> > fans waiting as long as 14 months between new episodes. Isn't that nice
> > of them. By now, the kids are 30 years old and married. In the next
> > season we find out that AJ is gay, Meadow has eloped, Carmella is doing
> > Furio while on vacation in Italy, there is a hit contract put on Uncle
> > Junior by none other than Johnny Sack, Paulie ends up with a scathing
> > STD to worry about, Christopher ends up without Ariana, and, last but
> > not least, Tony S becomes a drunk and accidentally runs over a child on
> > a bycicle. Art immitates life in that story line. Hey, Mr. Chase, go
> > ahead and use these ideas since I gave you some that were used for
> > season III.
> >

> Sopanos? Who are they?
>
> I have a vague recolection of some TV show...was it on Showtime?
>
> Oh well, I seem to remember the last season sucked except for the head
> removal stunt, but it was more of the same boring pc **** on and on and

on.

> "I could have been ah contendah!" I seem to hear in my head with Marlon
> Brando yelling...and somehow it seques into an HBO logo and that opening
> song....oh well.
>
> I've lost interest.
>
> I'll wait till someone posts them to watch them...**** signing up for HBO
> just to see that....Wimbleton is just not worth getting HBO for...
>

> -- mapi
> Explanation of a Free Country:
>
> Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet
> to decide who is for dinner.
> Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.

Tad Bitt

"Ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2GA_b.1419$(E-Mail Removed)...
> what ****ed me off the most about that damn series is the 7296 different
> story lines they left open and the friggin producers and writers hardly

ever
> even finished one before moving on to the next....
>

> "mapi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns9497C2AB88AD3anonfakemailcom@63.223.5.254. ..
> > "Dunf" <(E-Mail Removed)> babbled and

gurglednews:%7hdb.100808$(E-Mail Removed) s.net.cable.rogers.com:

> > > "anonymous" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:Xns93FDDC36BC3F8fakehotmailcom@204.127.204.17 ...

> > > The producers of the Sopranos are well known for keeping us hard core
> > > fans waiting as long as 14 months between new episodes. Isn't that

nice
> > > of them. By now, the kids are 30 years old and married. In the next
> > > season we find out that AJ is gay, Meadow has eloped, Carmella is

doing
> > > Furio while on vacation in Italy, there is a hit contract put on Uncle
> > > Junior by none other than Johnny Sack, Paulie ends up with a scathing
> > > STD to worry about, Christopher ends up without Ariana, and, last but
> > > not least, Tony S becomes a drunk and accidentally runs over a child

on
> > > a bycicle. Art immitates life in that story line. Hey, Mr. Chase, go
> > > ahead and use these ideas since I gave you some that were used for
> > > season III.
> > >

> > Sopanos? Who are they?
> >
> > I have a vague recolection of some TV show...was it on Showtime?
> >
> > Oh well, I seem to remember the last season sucked except for the head
> > removal stunt, but it was more of the same boring pc **** on and on and

> on.
> >
> > "I could have been ah contendah!" I seem to hear in my head with Marlon
> > Brando yelling...and somehow it seques into an HBO logo and that opening
> > song....oh well.
> >
> > I've lost interest.
> >
> > I'll wait till someone posts them to watch them...**** signing up for

HBO
> > just to see that....Wimbleton is just not worth getting HBO for...
> >

> > -- mapi
> > Explanation of a Free Country:
> >
> > Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet
> > to decide who is for dinner.
> > Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.

David Chase and company are known for taking lots of time to get to the next
season. It will be 16 months between the start of season 4 and the beginning
of 5. The average "season" is 13 eps or 13 weeks or 3 months of shows. Why
do they have to milk prev seasons first by selling us the dvd set before the
next season airs? Will Pauli join Johnny Sacrimano? Will Carmela start
seeing someone else soon? What about her and Furio? Will Tony go lookin' for
Furio? Will chritopher stay off the crank? Does Chris have to kill his own
girlfriend? Will he have sex with the corpse? oh, that's another show.