Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Ulead Movie maker

Ulead Movie maker

Danny Deger

I have used TMPGEnc to make a mpg file. This file plays back fine. I used
Ulead Moviemaker author and burn with no errors. But the video and audio on
the DVD both "skip" a lot. I am running Windows XP on a 600 MHz Celeron HP
Pavilion (256 MRam).

Any ideas?

Danny Deger

Jerry Jones

"Danny Deger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have used TMPGEnc to make a mpg file.
> This file plays back fine. I used Ulead
> Moviemaker author and burn with no errors.
> But the video and audio on the DVD both
> "skip" a lot.

What are the precise video/audio attributes of your SOURCE video?

For example, when I work with MPEGs recorded by the Panasonic VDR-M30
DVD disc camcorder, I observe the following attributes:

NTSC drop frame (29.97 fps)
MPEG files
24 Bits, 704 x 480, 29.97 fps
Field Order B
(DVD-NTSC), 4 : 3
Video data rate: Variable (Max. 8800 kbps)
Audio data rate: 256 kbps
MPEG audio layer 2, 48 KHz, Stereo

How do the properties of your video compare?

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

Danny Deger

"Jerry Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "Danny Deger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I have used TMPGEnc to make a mpg file.
> > This file plays back fine. I used Ulead
> > Moviemaker author and burn with no errors.
> > But the video and audio on the DVD both
> > "skip" a lot.

> What are the precise video/audio attributes of your SOURCE video?
>
> For example, when I work with MPEGs recorded by the Panasonic VDR-M30
> DVD disc camcorder, I observe the following attributes:
>
> NTSC drop frame (29.97 fps)
> MPEG files
> 24 Bits, 704 x 480, 29.97 fps
> Field Order B
> (DVD-NTSC), 4 : 3
> Video data rate: Variable (Max. 8800 kbps)
> Audio data rate: 256 kbps
> MPEG audio layer 2, 48 KHz, Stereo
>
> How do the properties of your video compare?
>
> Jerry Jones
> http://www.jonesgroup.net

Thanks for the reply. But, I think I fixed the problem by using a different
DVD. I think I just had a faulty disk.

Danny Deger