Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Progressive scan DVD player?

Progressive scan DVD player?

Richard

Any comments on which of these progressive scan DVD players
would be the best?

JVC XV-N5SL
Panasonic DVD-F85K
Pioneer DV-545

I read somewhere that the JVC would actually play PAL DVD's. Does
this mean it converts PAL to NTSC?
TIA.

LASERandDVDfan

>JVC XV-N5SL
>Panasonic DVD-F85K
>Pioneer DV-545

Probably the Panasonic.

Pioneer players tend to have excessive ringing and a good many suffer from the
chroma upsampling error. The Panasonic doesn't have excessive ringing, nor
does it have the chroma upsampling error.

The JVC tends to have unfriendly ergonomics. The Panasonic will be easier to
use.

Make sure, however, that your digital surround setup can accept optical
TOSLink. Panasonic players usually do not have coaxial outputs. - Reinhart

news.bellatlantic.net

I have Panasonic F85k and it is perhaps one of the best pieces of electronic
equipment I have ever owned. Beats the Sony (I replaced a Sony with this
player). The image quality is stunning and you cannot beat the value of this
DVD changer. GET IT YOU WON'T REGRET IT. Any specific questions e-mail me.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...