Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > How to get output to two tvs from Yamaha DV-C6480 and Yamaha HTR-5550

How to get output to two tvs from Yamaha DV-C6480 and Yamaha HTR-5550

goofything

I have the Yahama DV-C6480 DVD player and HTR-5550 AV Receiver. I am
running the DVD through the AV receiver and then to my TV using
component video. However, I would also like to have the DVD player run
to another nearby TV. Does anyone know how I can get both TVs to play
the same picture? I've tried running cables from all of the video
outputs from both the DVD player and the AV receiver to the second TV,
but I still don't get anything to play on the second TV.

Thanks so much to anyone with the solution!!

John Howells

"goofything" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> I have the Yahama DV-C6480 DVD player and HTR-5550 AV Receiver. I am
> running the DVD through the AV receiver and then to my TV using
> component video. However, I would also like to have the DVD player run
> to another nearby TV. Does anyone know how I can get both TVs to play
> the same picture? I've tried running cables from all of the video
> outputs from both the DVD player and the AV receiver to the second TV,
> but I still don't get anything to play on the second TV.
>
> Thanks so much to anyone with the solution!!

Is the player set for progressive output? Have you tried turning that off? I
once borrowed a player that had been left in progressive mode, and got
nothing useful out of any of the outputs until I turned progressive off.

John Howells

goofything

I can get a progressive picture on the main screen, but I'm just
trying to figure out how to get this DVD player to output to two TVs
at the same time.

It's got to be able to do this, right?

"John Howells" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<bkiv0v$f56$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "goofything" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>
> > I have the Yahama DV-C6480 DVD player and HTR-5550 AV Receiver. I am
> > running the DVD through the AV receiver and then to my TV using
> > component video. However, I would also like to have the DVD player run
> > to another nearby TV. Does anyone know how I can get both TVs to play
> > the same picture? I've tried running cables from all of the video
> > outputs from both the DVD player and the AV receiver to the second TV,
> > but I still don't get anything to play on the second TV.
> >
> > Thanks so much to anyone with the solution!!

> Is the player set for progressive output? Have you tried turning that off? I
> once borrowed a player that had been left in progressive mode, and got
> nothing useful out of any of the outputs until I turned progressive off.
>
> John Howells

Biz

Unless I'm missing something, use a video splitter....many players cannot
output progressive and interlaced at same time, and/or most a/v equipment
will not convert standards like s-video input to composite output etc....all
things that are questions in my mind based on the limited info you gave...
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...