Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > script problem with Firefox 1.5

script problem with Firefox 1.5

Trevor Smithson

I've just installed Firefox 1.5 on a Windows XP machine. I frequently
get a pop-up message from Firefox saying something like "A script
running on this page appears to not be responding. Would you like
to terminate the script".

This happens even when I've just started the browser and there's
no page loading (my home page is set to blank). Also happens
with various websites, but it consistently happens just after
starting Firefox.

Is there anything I can do to stop this? I've tried uninstalling and
reinstalling, but that did nothing. I have no extensions installed.

Thanks.

gwtc

Trevor Smithson wrote:

> I've just installed Firefox 1.5 on a Windows XP machine. I frequently
> get a pop-up message from Firefox saying something like "A script
> running on this page appears to not be responding. Would you like
> to terminate the script".
>
> This happens even when I've just started the browser and there's
> no page loading (my home page is set to blank). Also happens
> with various websites, but it consistently happens just after
> starting Firefox.
>
> Is there anything I can do to stop this? I've tried uninstalling and
> reinstalling, but that did nothing. I have no extensions installed.
>
> Thanks.

Start up the Javascript Console from Tools. When it starts, clear it,
then go to a page where you're having problems, or whatever, and then
read what the console says, then report back here. You may have a
problem with an incompatible extension or theme.