Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > automate launch from Synplify to Quartus

automate launch from Synplify to Quartus

archilleswaterland@hotmail.com

automate launch from Synplify to Quartus ...
would TCL work ?
any hints ?

thanks,
aw

Mike Treseler

> automate launch from Synplify to Quartus ...
> would TCL work ?
> any hints ?

I would try direct synthesis on Quartus first.
Version 5.1 can handle almost anything Synplify can.

-- Mike Treseler

archilleswaterland@hotmail.com

I have Quartus version 4.2 .. and using Synplify speeds up the entire
process a lot ..
Did you ever use Synplify ? Did you experience any difference in speeds
?

Thanks for writing.

aw

Mike Treseler

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I have Quartus version 4.2 ..

You will want to upgrade to 5.2 in any case,
even if it is just for place+route.

> and using Synplify speeds up the entire
> process a lot ..

I probably run 100 simulations for every
synthesis, so the fact that Quartus is a
little slower than Leo or Synplify is
not a big issue for me. Also note that
Processing, "start analysis and synthesis"
skips fitting, but provides a new RTL schematic
quite quickly. However I do need a full
compile to check fmax.

> Did you ever use Synplify ? Did you experience any difference in speeds

I have demoed it.
It works fine and like leo,
covers multiple device vendors.

> Thanks for writing.

You are welcome

-- Mike Treseler

Synplify to Quartus IO standard Pierre-Louis VHDL 3 03-14-2005 05:52 PM
Synplify Clock Rate Question Andrew Hall VHDL 0 04-12-2004 08:46 AM
Synplify VHDL & Tcl Pierre-Louis VHDL 5 10-16-2003 03:49 PM
Synplify doesn't like it... MM VHDL 3 10-03-2003 04:46 PM
Is it a bug of synplify? Kot VHDL 3 08-30-2003 08:49 PM

Advertisments