Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > The next Cult Classic?

The next Cult Classic?

Dan the man

Anyone seen this??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=3348711907

Vlvetmorning98

LOL, that is too funny.

Mark Spatny

Dan the man,(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Anyone seen this??

I think the next cult classic will be DVD sets of the Star Wars Kid.

Vlvetmorning98

cult classics from the past 5 years:

donnie darko (HUGE following)

office space

takashi miike's films

spirited away

waking life

Stan Brown

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> in
alt.video.dvd, Vlvetmorning98 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>cult classics from the past 5 years:

[snip]

and /Family Guy/ -- I think its popularity surprised everyone

http://OakRoadSystems.com

Invid Fan

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Stan Brown
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)> in
> alt.video.dvd, Vlvetmorning98 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >cult classics from the past 5 years:
> >

> [snip]
>
> and /Family Guy/ -- I think its popularity surprised everyone

Isn't a 'cult classic' something with a small, dedicated fan base?
Something popular doesn't quite fit

-'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

Hugh Candlin

Invid Fan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:160920030935360924%(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Stan Brown
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)> in
> > alt.video.dvd, Vlvetmorning98 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > >cult classics from the past 5 years:
> > >

> > [snip]
> >
> > and /Family Guy/ -- I think its popularity surprised everyone

> Isn't a 'cult classic' something with a small, dedicated fan base?
> Something popular doesn't quite fit

My first cult classic was The Terminator,
before it exploded into a franchise,
and, some say, subsequently imploded with the release of T3.

If I had to pick a current "cult classic",
it would be "Once Were Warriors".

If there are other movies with an equivalent high level of acting
all across the board, I'd be interested in opinions.

Vlvetmorning98

>If I had to pick a current "cult classic",
> it would be "Once Were Warriors".

yes, that movie has amassed a cult following.

Vincent J. Murphy

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 16:19:05 GMT, Hugh Candlin <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled:

> Invid Fan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:160920030935360924%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Stan Brown
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> > [snip]
>> >
>> > and /Family Guy/ -- I think its popularity surprised everyone

>> Isn't a 'cult classic' something with a small, dedicated fan base?
>> Something popular doesn't quite fit

> My first cult classic was The Terminator,
> before it exploded into a franchise,
> and, some say, subsequently imploded with the release of T3.
>
> If I had to pick a current "cult classic",
> it would be "Once Were Warriors".
>
> If there are other movies with an equivalent high level of acting
> all across the board, I'd be interested in opinions.

Cult classic doesn't automatically mean high level of acting, though.
In fact, in most cases, the opposite is true.

Hugh Candlin

Vincent J. Murphy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 16:19:05 GMT, Hugh Candlin <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled:
> >
> > Invid Fan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:160920030935360924%(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> Isn't a 'cult classic' something with a small, dedicated fan base?
> >> Something popular doesn't quite fit

> > My first cult classic was The Terminator,
> > before it exploded into a franchise,
> > and, some say, subsequently imploded with the release of T3.
> >
> > If I had to pick a current "cult classic",
> > it would be "Once Were Warriors".
> >
> > If there are other movies with an equivalent high level of acting
> > all across the board, I'd be interested in opinions.

> Cult classic doesn't automatically mean high level of acting, though.
> In fact, in most cases, the opposite is true.

Absolutely, but it also doesn't automatically mean bad acting,
or bad movie. The Terminator became a cult movie because
of its relentless action. [Reminds me, I need to watch Relentless again].

Anyway, Once Were Warriors struck a chord with me.
I found something of interest in nearly every scene.
It showed a way of life which is far too common, but in a setting
that few of us will ever see outside of the movies, and had an excellent
script and a tremendous, superb cast. It was done properly.

cult tv mewthree Computer Support 2 07-22-2004 08:59 PM
The drooling anti-american cult NASCAR DADS FOR BUSH Digital Photography 5 04-10-2004 03:30 PM
Another cult TV favorite... PW DVD Video 9 10-13-2003 04:22 AM
best/worst cult movies of all time Soreboozer DVD Video 3 09-14-2003 12:21 AM

Advertisments