Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > WTB Godzilla Collection and 1980 Flash Gordon

WTB Godzilla Collection and 1980 Flash Gordon

higintosh@email.com

I'm looking for a mint to new Simitar Godzilla Collection. This is the
collection that comes with Godzilla vs. Monster Zero, not the recent
Sony released collection. Also, I'd like to find a US release(non import
or non recalled US version) 1980 Flash Gordon. Let me know if you have
them for sale. Thanks,

Scott

Wade365

<< I'm looking for a mint to new Simitar Godzilla Collection. >>

Good F-ing Luck.

I too was one of the unfortunates who didn't buy the Scimitar DVDs when they
came out... after leaving an offer for $150 on an auction site for over a year
there were no offers made.

I've since found 3 out of 5 in resale shops (oddly enough I haven't paid more
than $5 for any of them as the store owners didn't realize the market) and I
found "Monster Zero" new in a 'FYE' retail store over a year ago, but the
illusive "Terror of MechaGodzilla" is still waggin' it's tongue at me, and the
Classic Media version is just soooo BAD.

Anyone wanna help me complete my collection? PLEEEEEEEAAAASE???

: )

Seriously, good luck on finding these treasures, but the internet is the last
place you should be looking, too many of us G fans spending all our time here.

Check your local SecondSpin or equivalent resale store... and if you find an
extra "Terror of MG" lemme know.

higintosh@email.com

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Wade365) wrote:

> << I'm looking for a mint to new Simitar Godzilla Collection. >>
>
> Good F-ing Luck.
>
> I too was one of the unfortunates who didn't buy the Scimitar DVDs when they
> came out... after leaving an offer for $150 on an auction site for over a year
> there were no offers made.
>
> I've since found 3 out of 5 in resale shops (oddly enough I haven't paid more
> than $5 for any of them as the store owners didn't realize the market) and I
> found "Monster Zero" new in a 'FYE' retail store over a year ago, but the
> illusive "Terror of MechaGodzilla" is still waggin' it's tongue at me, and the
> Classic Media version is just soooo BAD.
>
> Anyone wanna help me complete my collection? PLEEEEEEEAAAASE???
>
> : )
>
> Seriously, good luck on finding these treasures, but the internet is the last
> place you should be looking, too many of us G fans spending all our time here.
>
> Check your local SecondSpin or equivalent resale store... and if you find an
> extra "Terror of MG" lemme know.

Thanks Wade,

Yeah, it's a hard collection to find. I've seen a few on eBay going for
over $120 and I've been thinking about just chunking that out for one.
You get 6 DVD's so that's not that bad of a deal. I'd much rather find
the discs in the $10 and under range at a local retail place 'bargain
bin'. I have been checking those places and hopefully I'll land some or
all of the titles. I'll save your email in case I find an extra Terror
of Mechagodzilla. I love these cheezy old sci fi/B movies and the
Godzilla collection would be a great addition to my stash.

Thanks again,

Scott

Rob Pasco

Weren't the Simitar ones in (non-anamorphic) WS? I remember seeing them
all the time and always postponing purchasing them. D'oh! When will a
distributor give the Godzilla series some respect on DVD? All I want is
anamorphic widescreen and both the Japanese and English versions of the
film. If someone did that, I'd have no problem shelling out $20 each.

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) (Wade365) wrote:
>

>><< I'm looking for a mint to new Simitar Godzilla Collection. >>
>>
>>Good F-ing Luck.
>>
>>I too was one of the unfortunates who didn't buy the Scimitar DVDs when they
>>came out... after leaving an offer for $150 on an auction site for over a year
>>there were no offers made.
>>
>>I've since found 3 out of 5 in resale shops (oddly enough I haven't paid more
>>than $5 for any of them as the store owners didn't realize the market) and I
>>found "Monster Zero" new in a 'FYE' retail store over a year ago, but the
>>illusive "Terror of MechaGodzilla" is still waggin' it's tongue at me, and the
>>Classic Media version is just soooo BAD.
>>
>>Anyone wanna help me complete my collection? PLEEEEEEEAAAASE???
>>
>>: )
>>
>>Seriously, good luck on finding these treasures, but the internet is the last
>>place you should be looking, too many of us G fans spending all our time here.
>>
>>Check your local SecondSpin or equivalent resale store... and if you find an
>>extra "Terror of MG" lemme know.

> Thanks Wade,
>
> Yeah, it's a hard collection to find. I've seen a few on eBay going for
> over $120 and I've been thinking about just chunking that out for one.
> You get 6 DVD's so that's not that bad of a deal. I'd much rather find
> the discs in the $10 and under range at a local retail place 'bargain
> bin'. I have been checking those places and hopefully I'll land some or
> all of the titles. I'll save your email in case I find an extra Terror
> of Mechagodzilla. I love these cheezy old sci fi/B movies and the
> Godzilla collection would be a great addition to my stash.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Scott

Wade365

<< Yeah, it's a hard collection to find. I've seen a few on eBay going for
over $120 and I've been thinking about just chunking that out for one.
You get 6 DVD's so that's not that bad of a deal. >>

Especially considering the great treatment of the material, dub aside.

Toho squashed these prints pretty quickly, and it's a cryin' shame for those of
us in Region-1 land with the alternative being the P&S hackjobs of Classic
Media.

Wade365

<< Weren't the Simitar ones in (non-anamorphic) WS? >>

Yes.

But again, given what we have to work with I'll take 'em.

Paul

> Anyone wanna help me complete my collection? PLEEEEEEEAAAASE???

Sure, I have an extra Simitar Mechagodzilla that you're more than welcome
to. Drop me a note at (E-Mail Removed) and we can talk.

Paul

Rob Pasco

Oh, and as far as Flash is concerned, I'm pretty sure Universal will
release it soon. They have been slowly but surely release all of their
Image DVDs that were discontinued (like Weird Science and They Live).

Rob Pasco wrote:

> Weren't the Simitar ones in (non-anamorphic) WS? I remember seeing them
> all the time and always postponing purchasing them. D'oh! When will a
> distributor give the Godzilla series some respect on DVD? All I want is
> anamorphic widescreen and both the Japanese and English versions of the
> film. If someone did that, I'd have no problem shelling out $20 each.
>

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> (E-Mail Removed) (Wade365) wrote:
>>

>>> << I'm looking for a mint to new Simitar Godzilla Collection. >>
>>>
>>> Good F-ing Luck.
>>>
>>> I too was one of the unfortunates who didn't buy the Scimitar DVDs
>>> when they
>>> came out... after leaving an offer for $150 on an auction site for
>>> over a year
>>> there were no offers made.
>>>
>>> I've since found 3 out of 5 in resale shops (oddly enough I haven't
>>> paid more
>>> than $5 for any of them as the store owners didn't realize the
>>> market) and I
>>> found "Monster Zero" new in a 'FYE' retail store over a year ago, but
>>> the
>>> illusive "Terror of MechaGodzilla" is still waggin' it's tongue at
>>> me, and the
>>> Classic Media version is just soooo BAD.
>>>
>>> Anyone wanna help me complete my collection? PLEEEEEEEAAAASE???
>>>
>>> : )
>>>
>>> Seriously, good luck on finding these treasures, but the internet is
>>> the last
>>> place you should be looking, too many of us G fans spending all our
>>> time here.
>>>
>>> Check your local SecondSpin or equivalent resale store... and if you
>>> find an
>>> extra "Terror of MG" lemme know.

>> Thanks Wade,
>>
>> Yeah, it's a hard collection to find. I've seen a few on eBay going
>> for over $120 and I've been thinking about just chunking that out for
>> one. You get 6 DVD's so that's not that bad of a deal. I'd much rather
>> find the discs in the $10 and under range at a local retail place
>> 'bargain bin'. I have been checking those places and hopefully I'll
>> land some or all of the titles. I'll save your email in case I find an
>> extra Terror of Mechagodzilla. I love these cheezy old sci fi/B movies
>> and the Godzilla collection would be a great addition to my stash.
>>
>> Thanks again,
>>
>> Scott

higintosh@email.com

In article <_fQ8b.186514$(E-Mail Removed) >,
Rob Pasco <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Oh, and as far as Flash is concerned, I'm pretty sure Universal will
> release it soon. They have been slowly but surely release all of their
> Image DVDs that were discontinued (like Weird Science and They Live).

I've seen a French version that looks pretty cool. It comes with a
separate Queen CD. It's only available in PAL though if I understand
correctly. Maybe there will be a US release of this set soon.

Thanks for the input,

Scott

Wade365

<< I've seen a French version that looks pretty cool. It comes with a
separate Queen CD. It's only available in PAL though if I understand
correctly. Maybe there will be a US release of this set soon. >>

One would hope... sorry to completely ignore the second half of the post with
my Godzilla-crazed patter... "Flash" was a movie I went to the theater for and
initially I was let down... but in the years since I have seen the loving
homage of this film for the brilliant schlock it truly is. I used to watch teh
original serials on late-nite TV here in Chicago when I was a nipper, and they
really nailed it.

Also, the soundtrack is awesome.

Gordon: Flash Without A Plug-In Lawrence D'Oliveiro NZ Computing 0 01-21-2010 08:48 AM
Flash Gordon? AMSNYD DVD Video 6 09-16-2004 08:48 AM
DVD Verdict reviews: GODZILLA, MOTHRA AND KING GHIDORAH: GIANT MONSTERS ALL-OUT ATTACK and more! DVD Verdict DVD Video 0 02-18-2004 10:05 AM
New Flash Gordon DVD? Ollie T DVD Video 3 01-17-2004 02:35 AM

Advertisments