Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Problem with The Meaning of Life Solved !!!

Problem with The Meaning of Life Solved !!!

Mr. KiTe

This is my experience, thought I would share.

Bought mine for $15 new through amazon Marketplace, got it today. I was
quite concerned with all the bad reports.

I had read positive reviews on The Home Theater Forum, and DVD Empire
praising the picture as the best it could of been. I also read several
customer comments not complaining, some not having any problems, and
some only on certain players.

But the majority of us all have the problem of the combing picture in
the Disc 1 (movie). I open it, put in disc 1 and see the same thing, my
first instinct was to try adjusting it, I fiddled with the DvD remote,
and within a minute PROBLEM SOLVED !

What solved it?: I went to DVD PLAYER MENU = then to SETUP VIDEO OUTPUT,
on "Video Source" there were 3 options:
Auto, Film, Video. I had it set on Auto, I changed it to "Video", and it
came through Perfect!

I suggest everyone check their player menu's to see if this option is
available and if it will work for them too.

I have a Philips Progressive Scan model, but I have only got it plugged
in through the PbPy.. jack on my 60 inch Philips Tvů

Now it's a perfect set for me! If only it had a Booklet/Insert inside.
Just like "Carlito's Way CE" didn't have any inlay card. Universal is
becoming more budget conscious and joins the list of Mgm, and Disney for
not including inserts on some titles. "Sea of Love CE" (a cheaper budget
title) released on the same day DID have an insert, so it's not
permanant. You'd think they would include it on the expensive set
instead of the cheapest title! Let's hope for the price we pay the new
Scarface will have insert inside!

Max Volume

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Mr. KiTe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> What solved it?: I went to DVD PLAYER MENU = then to SETUP VIDEO OUTPUT,
> on "Video Source" there were 3 options:
> Auto, Film, Video. I had it set on Auto, I changed it to "Video", and it
> came through Perfect!

Some of us don't have that option. You simply found a way to have your
player correct the problem, or at least the effects of it. The problem
exists, and it's a pain in the ass for the rest of us.

shawn

Great! Now that you've solved the problem with The Meaning of Life, maybe
you can devote your energies to solving The True Nature of God!

Mischa van Dinter

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:41:46 -0400, "shawn"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Great! Now that you've solved the problem with The Meaning of Life, maybe
>you can devote your energies to solving The True Nature of God!

Everything will become clear after you've read his final message to
Creation.

Mischa

Sydney Assbasket

>But the majority of us all have the problem of the combing picture in
>the Disc 1 (movie). I open it, put in disc 1 and see the same thing, my
>first instinct was to try adjusting it, I fiddled with the DvD remote,
>and within a minute PROBLEM SOLVED !
>
>What solved it?: I went to DVD PLAYER MENU =3D then to SETUP VIDEO OUTPUT,=
>
>on "Video Source" there were 3 options:
>Auto, Film, Video. I had it set on Auto, I changed it to "Video", and it
>came through Perfect!
>
>I suggest everyone check their player menu's to see if this option is
>available and if it will work for them too.

So is the disc not encoded in 24p?

Remove "moc" to reply.

Whoever says "Nothing is impossible" has never tried to slam a
revolving door.
- Willy Walker

Otter

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 18:00:18 +0200, Mischa van Dinter
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Everything will become clear after you've read his final message to
>Creation.

Which was: "We apologize for the inconvienence."

-Otter