Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Ability to copy DVD's made on a standalone?

Ability to copy DVD's made on a standalone?

Guess Who

I have the Sony RDR-GX7, and have made many DVD discs of TV shows. Would I
be able to copy these discs on my PC, by regular means of copying DVD's
through Nero? Or would they have to be ripped then new discs burned?

Well, also, what about ripping them. I don't like the plain menu that is
created by the player. The video quality is great, though (on TV, not on
PC), and it's loads easier than capturing, etc then burning through my PC,
but I wouldlike to make my own menus.

Can the recordings be ripped, then just authored with a DVD authoring
program? I have DVD workshop, which supports AC3 (2.0) audio, which I
believe is what the RDR-GX& encodes the audio with.